My ducks... just some pics and maybe you can tell me what they are :)

Quote:
is the white clearish yellow egg thin shelled? If so, make sure your ducks have enough calcium. One of our ducks still lays eggs with thin shells on the ends. Her body just isn't used to laying eggs yet (started a few weeks ago). Because the shells are thin, they look slightly orange due to the color of the yolk comng through.

The crested duck is most likely a runner. Just not a show quality one.
wink.png

The blue egg could be from the crested runner. Two of our runner ducks lay bluish green eggs (but slightly different colors). Another lays gray eggs which is common for black ducks. However the gray is just a waxy coating. I scrubbed one if the eggs last week and found out that the egg is actually a very pale blue. As noted above our 4th laying runner duck has white eggs.

I have a photo of the eggs somewhere... I'll post if I can find it...

I too agree with 1lpoock still. And the fawn and white crested IS a runner. My runner drake was a fattie like that lol.

i thought fawn and white runner but the body looks too fat.

Non-show quality runners do not have the upright stance.

This is Chrissy, a hatchery quality runner.
1003174r.jpg

Quote:
What is with the face of that Runner behind luci? I cal lit a runner because the bill and forhead are in a straight line most ducks aren't.

Quote:
What is with the face of that Runner behind luci? I cal lit a runner because the bill and forhead are in a straight line most ducks aren't.

What do you mean?? There isnt anything wrong with her/his face.

Quote:

OPPS I thought the fawn markings looked like bare skin. Didn't mean to insult your duck or you!

Quote:

OPPS I thought the fawn markings looked like bare skin. Didn't mean to insult your duck or you!

Lol, You made ma have to do a double take on the picture because I thought there might have been someting wrong!

Back
Top Bottom