My eggs failed to hatch

Lubuto

In the Brooder
Jan 13, 2018
Zambia
I recently bought an incubator and set in 60 chicken eggs and 62 quails eggs, quails eggs 51 have hatched unfortunately for the chicken eggs only 10 have hatched , I did candling the eggs where fertile. I had set temperature at 37.5 Celsius and humidity was between 50 to 60 percent. what could be the problem, I need help.

Your humidity is a bit high for the first stage of incubation. Aim for 35-40% until lockdown when you bump it up to at least 65%. Though your climate can affect where your humidity needs to be so it takes a bit of trial and error until you find what works for you.

Your humidity is a bit high for the first stage of incubation. Aim for 35-40% until lockdown when you bump it up to at least 65%. Though your climate can affect where your humidity needs to be so it takes a bit of trial and error until you find what works for you.
Thank you for the advice

Yes i had set the quail eggs before the chicken eggs, is it possible that chicken eggs can hatch after 21 days?

Chickens need longer than quail, so they should have been set first.
Quail usually hatch around day 18-19, chickens can still hatch after 21 days, if temperatures were low. Day 22 is not uncommon, even 23-24 days is not unheard of, but usually with slow development comes other problems.

When did you last candle the chicken eggs?

Chickens need longer than quail, so they should have been set first.
Quail usually hatch around day 18-19, chickens can still hatch after 21 days, if temperatures were low. Day 22 is not uncommon, even 23-24 days is not unheard of, but usually with slow development comes other problems.

When did you last candle the chicken eggs?
I had set the chicken eggs first, I candled the eggs today, I was able to see chicks inside.

Back
Top Bottom