1. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Here is my 5 section Coop built has nest in and cages for pening new babies and all have a pen yard area for play..I keep my feed and waters hanging in coop and in cages as put away at nite what have so far I keep a small water in each cage and a hand full of feed on floor of cage ..they waste so much feed that do not keep a feeder inside cages..
    My rabbit occupies one of the pens..Here are some pictures of it all finished and of my rabbit.

The coop has regular chicken wire where there is not plywood and also waist high or more with hardware cloth and then lined all way around with electric fence and then have wire buried and lined all way around with bricks. Very secure.

6ft High..8 ft depth and 32 ft long

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  2. Crazy_For_Chickens

Crazy_For_Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wow thats a pretty big coop!

3. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Where is the "green with jealousy" smiley when you need her?! [​IMG]

4. nochickensyet

nochickensyet Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2008
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I love it!!! Yall did a great job. Can yall come to South Carolina and help me with mine;)[​IMG]???

5. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    That is a great looking coop! It is huge! How many chickens do you have? Man, that is one cute bunny too. [​IMG]

6. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Thanks all..I have 18 RIR in one pen right now. Then one of the pens for a different breed of Chicken and then one of the big pens is for just Turkey..I got 18 in coop 7 in brooder in house for another week then to coop and 15 in incubator chicks Sex Link...5 Turkeys in Incubator and 1 Turkey just hatched and one more to hatch today maybe or tomorrow...just getting started..the ones in coop are month old..I put them in ther cages at nite and let in the pen area every morning..I have to catch them to put in cages in there pen but in morning just open the doors and they fly automatically down into there pen..

7. hollyk

hollyk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Canton, Texas
    I think it is fabulous! I love the open front design. Your birds should get plenty of fresh air and sunshine![​IMG]

8. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Very nice coop and great design.

9. namreknat

namreknat Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2008
    N.W. Oklahoma
    Very nice!! Good job!! [​IMG]

10. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    Very nice!!!! [​IMG] Did you use a plan or ad lib it? It looks like the hay barn my husband would like to build. You could probably make a fortune traveling across the country building this for all the BYC folks!
    Colby in KY

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by