My Finished Coop

Rufflemyfeathers

Songster
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Astatula Florida
Here is my 5 section Coop built has nest in and cages for pening new babies and all have a pen yard area for play..I keep my feed and waters hanging in coop and in cages as put away at nite what have so far I keep a small water in each cage and a hand full of feed on floor of cage ..they waste so much feed that do not keep a feeder inside cages..
My rabbit occupies one of the pens..Here are some pictures of it all finished and of my rabbit.

The coop has regular chicken wire where there is not plywood and also waist high or more with hardware cloth and then lined all way around with electric fence and then have wire buried and lined all way around with bricks. Very secure.

6ft High..8 ft depth and 32 ft long

100_2843.jpg

100_2851.jpg

100_2837.jpg

100_2853.jpg

100_2836.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all..I have 18 RIR in one pen right now. Then one of the pens for a different breed of Chicken and then one of the big pens is for just Turkey..I got 18 in coop 7 in brooder in house for another week then to coop and 15 in incubator chicks Sex Link...5 Turkeys in Incubator and 1 Turkey just hatched and one more to hatch today maybe or tomorrow...just getting started..the ones in coop are month old..I put them in ther cages at nite and let in the pen area every morning..I have to catch them to put in cages in there pen but in morning just open the doors and they fly automatically down into there pen..

Very nice!!!!
big_smile.png
Did you use a plan or ad lib it? It looks like the hay barn my husband would like to build. You could probably make a fortune traveling across the country building this for all the BYC folks!
Colby in KY

Back
Top Bottom