My first broody hatch a long!

It was a lot of hatches! and that was to just get 10 chicks to keep. LMAO!

I just used a pencil to mark them. The last group that I was going to put under a broody for a few days till room in the incubator opened up I put a big smiley face on them so it would be really easy to notice, but then they didn't go under my broody.
Ok thanks! I didnt have to mark this egg luckily.

I found someone about 30 minutes from us they have mottled cochin, english and lavendar Orpingtons, russian orloffs and a few other breeds.
I really like the mottled Cochins and the Orpingtons so im going to call later today and see if they have any hatching eggs!

I found someone about 30 minutes from us they have mottled cochin, english and lavendar Orpingtons, russian orloffs and a few other breeds.
I really like the mottled Cochins and the Orpingtons so im going to call later today and see if they have any hatching eggs!
Good luck???? Mottled Cochins are so cute. I almost got Russian Orloffs.

Well she was super busy when we called and she said she would call us tomorrow with a exact amount of how many eggs she had and a time we could come get them!

My light brahma has been laying in the nesting box all day... So she is trying to brood to. They swapped boxes so now the Orpington is in a safer barely used box. And the brahma is in the always used box.

The lady will have 3 or 4 Mottled Cohcin Bantam eggs and 2 or 3 Lavendar Orpington eggs by Sunday! Right now she only has one Cochin laying as the other one just finished hatching chicks. So i should have them by Sunday!

The egg is fertilized and i see veins! The pictures arent that good. The egg is set to hatch August 28th!
20230811_211700.jpg
20230811_211655.jpg

Back
Top Bottom