My first broody hatch a long!

So i got the eggs today! She gave me 2 extra Lavender Orpington eggs! The lady was so nice! She let me see the parents of the eggs. And i cant believe the size of her roosters the Lavender Orpington roo was up to my knee! LO is for Lavender Orpington and M is for Mottled Cochin Bantam.
Feel free to choose what egg i have them numbered but will be re numbering so the number is in 2 spots.
1:LO
2:LO
3.LO
4:LO
5:M - @junior67
6:M
7:M
8. Polish mix(from friend)
20230812_181714.jpg

Last edited:
The eggs that i got today are set to hatch September 2nd and the single egg is suppose to hatch August 28th.

Should i candle every 3 days or should i do every 6?
Im going to candle day 3 just to make sure there is development and if i cant see it in all then again at 6 days.

The eggs that i got today are set to hatch September 2nd and the single egg is suppose to hatch August 28th.

Should i candle every 3 days or should i do every 6?
Im going to candle day 3 just to make sure there is development and if i cant see it in all then again at 6 days.
#5 please.

and candle every 3 days I say! but I candle just about every day. LOL

are all these eggs under the broody? She may not sit until the last ones hatch after the first hatches. My girls sit for maybe 2 days after the first baby hatches then she moves out of the nest box to the coop floor for a couple days then takes them out and about after that.

#5 please.

and candle every 3 days I say! but I candle just about every day. LOL

are all these eggs under the broody? She may not sit until the last ones hatch after the first hatches. My girls sit for maybe 2 days after the first baby hatches then she moves out of the nest box to the coop floor for a couple days then takes them out and about after that.
Ok ill get you wrote down for number 5!
And ill candle every 3 days. Well maybe every day😂.

I have 2 broodies right now so if one quits and i can move the eggs to the other if needed.

I may be candling tonight.... if it stops raining. Todays only day 2 but im hoping that i can see development.

Back
Top Bottom