My first chick hatched this morning in my first hatch attempt. .

snooptwomey

Songster
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
Newark, DE
Got my first chick hatched early this morning, and then one just started cracking through the shell tonight, around 10pm or so I think, I can hear this chick peeping alot, how long does this process usually take from once they start chipping through? This is my very first hatch attempt ever, started with 8 eggs, 4 ended up not developing, 3 candled good, and one iffy. First one hatched on day 20, yesterday, 2nd on day 21(today), and 3rd ??

Last edited:
Mine almost always go 18 hours from external pip to hatch. The zipping and hatching itself only takes a couple of minutes though. Good luck!

thumbsup.gif

2 healthy chicks so far. . . waiting on one more that I am pretty sure will hatch, and a 4th that I think is iffy and dont expect to have hatch.
yesss.gif
I am happy with these numbers considering this is my first try
wee.gif

unfortunately not. I ended up float testing last one I was expecting to hatch and it failed float test so i cracked it open at end where air cell was. chick was fully developed, probably made it to day 20-21 then thats it, it broke through membrane so I think it drowned. Not sure. I am sticking more eggs in today so I will see how that goes. 9 EE of my own hens, 2 auburn javas, 2 blue laced red wyandottes, 1 mystery egg :) :)

Back
Top Bottom