MY FIRST CHICK!!! (pic!)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Garden Gal, May 13, 2009.

1. Garden Gal

Garden Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Virginia
    Forgive the poor quality - but here he/she is!!! My FIRST ever hatch!!

Thanks for all the great info and support!! YEAH!!!!

Only 21 more to go!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Good luck with the rest!!
    What is the breed?

3. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Awww...congrats!! I have babies hatching right now too! One just hatched about an hour ago and I leave them in there for awhile to dry out and be a little, "cheerleader" for the other chicks...I have all kinds of pipping and zipping going on now thanks to his peeping!!! [​IMG]

4. Drivegirl54

Drivegirl54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Winder, GA
    Congrats!!! [​IMG] I can't wait to start!

5. Garden Gal

Garden Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Virginia
    [email protected]@2four :

...I have all kinds of pipping and zipping going on now thanks to his peeping!!! [​IMG]

I was so surprised at how quickly the "pip" became a "zip" and then a chick!! I missed the entire halftime show!! LOL!

I can hear him from my office upstairs - cheeping downstairs - soooo cute!!

It is going to be terribly hard to go to bed tonight, but I have commitments in the A.M. which I simply can't ignore - so who knows?? I'll either tear myself away from the bator and go get some sleep, or just show up half-aware to my projects in the morning.

I had COMPLETELY forgotten about the "egg tooth" on top of the head; when did we learn that - elementary or middle school?? (I'm now 53). I was expecting the beak to set them free, and then I saw the egg tooth. Either that, or I've just hatched a unicorn!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. adrian

adrian Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Regina, SK
    Quote:I was so surprised at how quickly the "pip" became a "zip" and then a chick!! I missed the entire halftime show!! LOL!

I can hear him from my office upstairs - cheeping downstairs - soooo cute!!

It is going to be terribly hard to go to bed tonight, but I have commitments in the A.M. which I simply can't ignore - so who knows?? I'll either tear myself away from the bator and go get some sleep, or just show up half-aware to my projects in the morning.

I had COMPLETELY forgotten about the "egg tooth" on top of the head; when did we learn that - elementary or middle school?? (I'm now 53). I was expecting the beak to set them free, and then I saw the egg tooth. Either that, or I've just hatched a unicorn!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] A unicorn duck, now that would be something else!

The egg tooth is on the end of the beak, actually. It falls off after a few days. [​IMG]

7. deenamr

deenamr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    Central Oregon
    Congratulations!!! I know it is so exciting. I have only incubated 2 batches and I am now on my third. I think I am a hatchaholic already.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by