MY FIRST CHICK!!! (pic!)

Garden Gal

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Virginia
Forgive the poor quality - but here he/she is!!! My FIRST ever hatch!!

Thanks for all the great info and support!! YEAH!!!!

Only 21 more to go!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif

27715_100_4281.jpg

Awww...congrats!! I have babies hatching right now too! One just hatched about an hour ago and I leave them in there for awhile to dry out and be a little, "cheerleader" for the other chicks...I have all kinds of pipping and zipping going on now thanks to his peeping!!!
smile.png

M@M@2four :

...I have all kinds of pipping and zipping going on now thanks to his peeping!!!
smile.png

I was so surprised at how quickly the "pip" became a "zip" and then a chick!! I missed the entire halftime show!! LOL!

I can hear him from my office upstairs - cheeping downstairs - soooo cute!!

It is going to be terribly hard to go to bed tonight, but I have commitments in the A.M. which I simply can't ignore - so who knows?? I'll either tear myself away from the bator and go get some sleep, or just show up half-aware to my projects in the morning.

I had COMPLETELY forgotten about the "egg tooth" on top of the head; when did we learn that - elementary or middle school?? (I'm now 53). I was expecting the beak to set them free, and then I saw the egg tooth. Either that, or I've just hatched a unicorn!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
ep.gif

Quote:
I was so surprised at how quickly the "pip" became a "zip" and then a chick!! I missed the entire halftime show!! LOL!

I can hear him from my office upstairs - cheeping downstairs - soooo cute!!

It is going to be terribly hard to go to bed tonight, but I have commitments in the A.M. which I simply can't ignore - so who knows?? I'll either tear myself away from the bator and go get some sleep, or just show up half-aware to my projects in the morning.

I had COMPLETELY forgotten about the "egg tooth" on top of the head; when did we learn that - elementary or middle school?? (I'm now 53). I was expecting the beak to set them free, and then I saw the egg tooth. Either that, or I've just hatched a unicorn!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
ep.gif

gig.gif
A unicorn duck, now that would be something else!

The egg tooth is on the end of the beak, actually. It falls off after a few days.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom