My first coop my husband made for me

Lynette

Songster
9 Years
Jul 28, 2010
Lapeer County, Michigan
It has been done since May, but I thought I would post the coop that my husband made for my first chickens. Of course, I had to help build it too. I thought it was fun, but we got rained out quite a bit. For that reason, it took alittle longer than we planned. The chickens were out free ranging when I took the picture.
64228_img_1422.jpg

Thank you! Yes, I do have a very nice husband! He helps me out alot. I just let him read what all of you have wrote so far because even though everyone that has seen the coop thinks it is nice, he doesn't think he made it good enough. That made him feel better!

VERY nice! Do you have any other pictures of it, like the inside? I really like your coop and could sure use some ideas to complete mine! I can't tell what the base is...is it sitting on 6 x 6's or block?

Tell hubby he did an awesome job!

Last edited:
Quote:
"he doesn't think he made it good enough"......
ep.gif
WHAT?!!?!!! You're kidding me! It's wonderful! I bow down to you
bow.gif
OH GREAT BUILDER OF CHICKEN COOPS!
bow.gif

The first pic is the entrance into the coop, then when you open the door there is another door where the chickens are actually kept. The next pic is the hallway when you first walk in that I keep their supplies in. Then there is the roost, next boxes with their easter eggs in them and the front of the coop with their little door. I hope I got good pics to help. It was kind of hard to get everything in one pic with limited space.
64228_img_1423.jpg
64228_img_1424.jpg
64228_img_1425.jpg
64228_img_1426.jpg
64228_img_1427.jpg
64228_img_1428.jpg

Back
Top Bottom