My first coop my husband made for me

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Lynette, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Lynette

Lynette Chillin' With My Peeps

It has been done since May, but I thought I would post the coop that my husband made for my first chickens. Of course, I had to help build it too. I thought it was fun, but we got rained out quite a bit. For that reason, it took alittle longer than we planned. The chickens were out free ranging when I took the picture.[​IMG]

2. Lynette

By the way, the grass that was in their run was completely gone within a few weeks!

3. BankerJohn

BankerJohn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Lecanto, Florida
    you married well!

4. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    That looks great - well done!!

5. chickenriot

chickenriot Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Brownsboro, Tx.
    Very nice ![​IMG]

6. Lynette

Thank you! Yes, I do have a very nice husband! He helps me out alot. I just let him read what all of you have wrote so far because even though everyone that has seen the coop thinks it is nice, he doesn't think he made it good enough. That made him feel better!

7. eggseroneous

eggseroneous Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    South-Western PA
    VERY nice! Do you have any other pictures of it, like the inside? I really like your coop and could sure use some ideas to complete mine! I can't tell what the base is...is it sitting on 6 x 6's or block?

Tell hubby he did an awesome job!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  8. cfdf

cfdf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    Quote:"he doesn't think he made it good enough"...... [​IMG] WHAT?!!?!!! You're kidding me! It's wonderful! I bow down to you [​IMG] OH GREAT BUILDER OF CHICKEN COOPS! [​IMG]

9. Lynette

It is on 6 X 6's. I will take some pics of the inside now and post them.

10. Lynette

The first pic is the entrance into the coop, then when you open the door there is another door where the chickens are actually kept. The next pic is the hallway when you first walk in that I keep their supplies in. Then there is the roost, next boxes with their easter eggs in them and the front of the coop with their little door. I hope I got good pics to help. It was kind of hard to get everything in one pic with limited space.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by