My First, Real New Year's Eve Party!

iread

Songster
11 Years
Jan 21, 2009
South Carolina
I am going to a real New Year's Eve party for the first time (I'm 37). I am sooo excited! It is a package deal at a Hyatt hotel in a near-by city. I have a dress, new shoes, and I can't wait!! How many of you are planning on going out for New Year's Eve? I'm usually long asleep when the ball drops so this is a new experience for me!

We are going to a party but plan on leaving long before midnight. My mom lost three boyfriends three years in a row from drunk drivers, so we plan on being home by 9 at the latest.

My DH and I used to do that every year! Some of those packages are a pretty good deal considering what you get with them. We always got a room next to the party (a short walk away), so we weren't driving, and always had a blast. I don't drink but agree with debiraymond, not a good night to be out on the roads. Have fun and enjoy yourself!!!

Sounds like fun! Take photos before you leave to remember the special night.

We don't go out; we are usually the host. It's been two years since we had a party, though. The last party the kids shot fireworks at my old dog and when I saw the burn marks on her fur...well, lets say I wasn't very nice.
roll.png
My dog is 14 1/2 and is deaf and blind.

I have done something every year since I can remember.
From going to someones house to going to a hotel who was hosting a party to just doing it a few people at a house.

Whatever way you do it its always fun if you make it
smile.png

We are staying at the Hyatt so no traveling for us. Being on the road on New Year's Eve is too scary with all of the idiots who drink and drive! I'll have to post pictures (if I can get my hair to do anything).

BTW My mom (the ultimate pessimist) said that my dress "looks like a nightgown" and that there is no way I'll ever get a bra to work with the straps! Ha! Got to love mothers!
roll.png

Quote:
Then it sounds like no one will be looking at your hair!
Hahaha
have fun

It is waaayyyy more modest than my mother's comments would lead you to believe! It is almost knee length and doesn't even have a low neck-line...she just likes to complain!

Back
Top Bottom