My first SPCA chicken!!!WTHeck is she!?

She's part rosecomb brown leghorn, but I'm not sure where she got the wheaten coloring.

She could not be laying because it's not the right time of year.
wink.png

Quote:
I have EE roos with yellow legs. She's probably a barnyard mix.

oh OK
big_smile.png
i don't care what she is but she is awesome and she is very friendly once you catch her!
love.gif
the reason why the previous owner gave her away was because they couldn't care for her anymore but she was their only chicken so she isn't used to being around the others.....

Quote:
i had a feeling she had some leghorn in her
wink.png
shes got that "Leghorn" look
tongue.png

Quote:
mine has a whole barn area for chickens, pigs, horses, sheep, goats and anything basically
smile.png

LUCKY!!...
tongue2.gif

HOLY COW!!! I just had the craziest chicken experience ever!!! Okay, so i tried to catch her and it turned out she is a really good flier!!! she flew on our roof and i went ninja and jumped up there-i still dont know how the heck i did-and chased her off
he.gif
now she has me all worried that she is gonna fly over the fence and get eaten by a dog or something!!!!
barnie.gif
i clipped her right wing but i still dont know if its gonna help.......
somad.gif
i have good luck finding her then bad luck because she is a flier
smile.png
sad.png

well, theyre out in the run and Ms Henny is in a nesting box like she wants to start laying.

Justino give her time to adjust to her surroundings, she has been quite a few places Humane Society, then your house and the chickens have pecked her and she tried to escape and you went ninja on her and now you cut her dern wings. Just think what the poor girl is thinking!
wink.png
bring her special treats and let her get to know you....she will calm down. She can feel your stress too!!!!

Quote:
i know how stressed out she must be...when we clipped her wings she ate bits of bread out of my hand
smile.png
she was such a good girl too! she didn't squirm when we doing it....maybe she was just terrified out of her lil mind
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom