My friend just said he was creating a chicken addict anonymous group!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ragerkid2, Jun 2, 2011.

1. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    [​IMG]:gig:gig:lau:lau:lau:gig:gig:gig:lau:lau:lau:gig:gig:gig:lau:lau:lau:gig:lau:lau:gig
    He thinks im addicted (which i am:oops:) haha

2. blkwdw

blkwdw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    I was laying on the floor glued to the incubator, waiting, watching for any new little peeps...for hours...my DH said he was getting worried about me heeheehee

3. Seattle_Chick

Seattle_Chick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Seattle
    I guess I'm at the denial stage where I don't think I have a problem. I just assume everyone with chickens wants to talk about them and watch them during all their waking hours and dream of them at night.

4. jenkassai

jenkassai Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Oh I know I'm addicted and I just got my first chicks Tuesday! I was addicted before they were here! I think my family and co-workers are going to sign me up for the group!

Re: laying on the floor next to the incubator, your husband should just get used to it! When my first litter of pups was born, I slept cramped on the floor on a dog bed next to the whelping box so I could hear the slightest whimper. After a few days of that I graduated to the couch so I could sleep better but still hear them. Didn't sleep in my bed for almost two weeks [​IMG] Hubby didn't even bat an eye, he already knew I was OBSESSED!!!

5. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

If you try to remain anonymous, how would you ever talk about chickens to total strangers in line at the store? I prefer to think that people who are not addicted to chickens are the strange ones.

6. Seattle_Chick

Seattle_Chick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Seattle
    YES! Exactly what Wildflower said!

7. mszekely

mszekely Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    Vermilion, OH
    I have only been a chickie-mommie for a month, I already want to get a Polish roo and mate my 5 girls, and set them up in their own coop. I guess they are just like potato chips. [​IMG]

8. ChiknMama

ChiknMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    If I had more room and no ordinances to follow I would be in sooooo much trouble ....... I wonder if anyone will notice a couple more [​IMG] Not gonna find out

9. urbanchickmama

urbanchickmama Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
    i admitted yesterday that i could just sit & watch our chickens for hours. my husband recognizes my addiction. i'm okay with it though.[​IMG]

10. blkwdw

blkwdw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    well, now they have hatched and are in a little cardoard brooder box in the living room and I go over every little bit to check/ visit with them. DH said I was wearing a path in the floor.... I saw him over there sneaking a peak [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by