My Girls have stopped laying pretty much and there is poop everywhere.

infinitijeff

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 2, 2010
I have three in a tractor. I move it every three to four days. The whole underneath is open to the ground so there is no cleanup except to move it. Their setup is exactly what they have had for the last year. Fresh water, layer pellets, grass(although we are in a drought and it has been in the low to mid 90's for 3-4 weeks). They have venelation and cover. Just moved it yesterday and there is already poop everywhere, i mean everywhere. And when they do lay an egg one day, they lay it on the ground. I did move their water inside their house to keep it cooler. It is off the ground and not under their roost. Do i need to worm them or something. They are usaully very healthy, they look healthy now. What do you think?
hmm.png

It probably wouldn't hurt to worm them. How are they eating? If they "eat like pigs" that could be a sign of them having worms. Also, how is their body weight. Do they feel lighter than normal? That is sometimes called "going light" and could also be a symptom of worms.

Sure wouldn't hurt to try! Good luck!
Sharon

what do i worm them with and where do i get it. How do i worm them. I am still new. Thanks for your help'

Do you think they might be too hot? That would certainly cause diarrhea... You might want to add some electrolytes to their water to help with dehydration.

Back
Top Bottom