My Girls' Hut

LilRedmamma

Songster
Apr 26, 2020
Kansas City, Mo
0B6ECDDD-6E89-470A-B341-0A4F3B15DCBA.jpeg
My husband found an abandoned rabbit hutch on a fishing trip. He excitedly asked if it would 'do'... how could I say no? I'm pretty proud of it all, progress, here's pics as promised5 months ago. I'm still making adjustments too LOL
Sorry I tried downsizing these🤷🏼‍♀️
I recycled old fence pickets, an old door, rails off a wagon, old screen, leftover shingles, fencing and posts, Restore window, two oven racks for secure windows, etc. The nest box got wet so I fitted a piece of siding for the lid, hammered U fasteners to chain shut. I had all hardware and screws; it’s anchored into the shed roof. The only things bought were 2 rolls of hardware cloth and the tarp (hubby hadn’t shingled yet). I made the paint color. I’ve redone their perch 3 times, dry wood broke and the angles had to be adjusted. Note that they do NOT use the inside ramp/steps I worked so hard to install— they just hop or fly from the floor. Silly birds❤️🤷🏼‍♀️😆
I installed a 2nd temporary run with tossed seed or weeds they scratch in. That’s it. EBF3AFEB-8D94-4512-86F7-30DA2A4EB6F8.jpeg 253D2F2B-8975-43B4-91B9-1C6A7B473D1F.jpeg 842143A0-4D45-43B4-BEA1-3172432A9B9D.jpeg 7C0D7600-482A-48F6-90F2-F4D3124FC066.jpeg 2FAC6539-4FD5-4ABC-9E36-6CDDF0AEDE01.jpeg

Love that your reused what you had and that your Very Smart and Helpful Husband contributed that hutch.

Yours aren't the only silly birds who don't use their ramp. The ones who live in my avatar coop see no need to use theirs, either.

Ah, if only our birds would appreciate all our efforts, huh? Looks like you did a lot of work. Thanks for sharing the photos. Maybe they will inspire me to work on the little coop I need to rebuild :)

Love that your reused what you had and that your Very Smart and Helpful Husband contributed that hutch.

Yours aren't the only silly birds who don't use their ramp. The ones who live in my avatar coop see no need to use theirs, either.

Ah, if only our birds would appreciate all our efforts, huh? Looks like you did a lot of work. Thanks for sharing the photos. Maybe they will inspire me to work on the little coop I need to rebuild :)
Yeah it was one way to clean up my yard Lol. If I could just keep the girls off my shoulder 😬

Back
Top Bottom