my gold laced wynadotte acting sickly, runny yellow poop.

I've still been nursing Lacy inside since 1-28-11, and she has gone down hill. She hasn't been able to stand or sit up stright without a towel propping her up, and I have been feeding her water with vits & electrolyes, & yogert with syringes. I also try to get her to eat a porridge of ground up chicken pellets, yogurt & a bit of hot water or tempt her with warm oatmeal. She would only take a few pecks of this, and lat night & today won't touch it. What little poop she makes is just liquid.

I don't think she has a chance of making it & I am only prolonging things. Maybe its time to just let her go. I hate giving up, but I hate to keep force feeding the poor little thing.

So far the rest of the girls back in the coop seem healthy.

Herself

When it came down to it I can't just stop feeding her. I just feel helpless because she just isn't improving, and I don't what else to do.

Herself

Lacy died around dawn this morning. Now I have just the 3 girls left. They look healthy, but I'm so worried that something will happen to another one.
Herself

I'm sorry you lost your girl -- I know you tried so hard, and I hope you take comfort in knowing you did everything you could for her.
hugs.gif

I am also so very sorry to hear aout Lacy!
sad.png

You tried so hard and the worst thing is you still have no idea what was wrong.. I think everyone on here didn't know either...

My girl recouped fine after I soaked her and gave her a few drops of sugar water..I guess we just do the best we can.
Take heart and maybe consider getting another breed of chicken...?

Back
Top Bottom