I haven't hooked up any fans or placed them yet. I only put light sockets at the top to test what type of wattage I would need to heat it.

Just my stupidity of input on the qestion/comment. Hope I am not over steping in assumptions.

The fans will make all the differances and change the requirements for heat as they willl move/circulate the heated the air.

I just had a thought about freezers though. Have you gave any consideration to replacing the air/oxygen levles during the incubation and hatching process? Just like the horror stories about children gettting trapped in a old freezer, you dont want the eggs and chicks to suffocate on thier own CO2. Maybe I missed your air hole comments in the other post.

CO2 (carbon dioxide) is heavier than air so the bottom rack is always the first to go in a still air incubator. But since you are using fans to circulate the air it will be a continuing mixing of CO2 and air, eventually becoming denser and denser with CO2 until all eggs would die out. So the freezer/incubator would need to replace the air every day, every hour or so as to ensure it does not mix and become overly dense with CO2.

Another note on the motor and its swing arm length.
A motor stating 100 lbs/inch means it will have 100 lbs of tourque at 1 inches from center of the motors shaft. So if the swing arm is 2 inches long it will reduce the 100 torque lbs to a lower torque ratting. Thus the longer the swing arm (1", 2", 3", etc) the more the torque rating will be reduced/lowered.
So play around with the positioning of the racks verticle bracket vs the motor postion as to make the swing arm as short as possible..... while maintaining the lift you need to get the 45 degree angle.
That way you will maintain your maximum torque.

My findings and hints- as the motor makes its full circle... and the swing arm needs:

• The vertical bracket, the further out from the center of the racks, the longer the swing arm needs to be as to get the needed lift up/down. But lesser torque needed to make the lift.
  • The vertical bracket- closer to the pivioting center of the rack, the more torque is needed but the swing arm can be shorter.

This weekend my POD/Workshop is being moved to my new house! So the build will finally continue once the workshop is here!
How's it coming along @Nyla ?

I will be cutting holes into both freezer and fridge for fresh air in take. I have a lot of fans to try out inside the incubator, just haven't got to the fans or ventilation yet. The egg turner motor works great! I tried it out with every tray filled with Muscovy eggs, it turns them just like I wanted and didn't have a problem. I have relays and a timer hooked up to it.

Just my stupidity of input on the qestion/comment. Hope I am not over steping in assumptions.

The fans will make all the differances and change the requirements for heat as they willl move/circulate the heated the air.

I just had a thought about freezers though. Have you gave any consideration to replacing the air/oxygen levles during the incubation and hatching process? Just like the horror stories about children gettting trapped in a old freezer, you dont want the eggs and chicks to suffocate on thier own CO2. Maybe I missed your air hole comments in the other post.

CO2 (carbon dioxide) is heavier than air so the bottom rack is always the first to go in a still air incubator. But since you are using fans to circulate the air it will be a continuing mixing of CO2 and air, eventually becoming denser and denser with CO2 until all eggs would die out. So the freezer/incubator would need to replace the air every day, every hour or so as to ensure it does not mix and become overly dense with CO2.

Another note on the motor and its swing arm length.
A motor stating 100 lbs/inch means it will have 100 lbs of tourque at 1 inches from center of the motors shaft. So if the swing arm is 2 inches long it will reduce the 100 torque lbs to a lower torque ratting. Thus the longer the swing arm (1", 2", 3", etc) the more the torque rating will be reduced/lowered.
So play around with the positioning of the racks verticle bracket vs the motor postion as to make the swing arm as short as possible..... while maintaining the lift you need to get the 45 degree angle.
That way you will maintain your maximum torque.

My findings and hints- as the motor makes its full circle... and the swing arm needs:

• The vertical bracket, the further out from the center of the racks, the longer the swing arm needs to be as to get the needed lift up/down. But lesser torque needed to make the lift.
  • The vertical bracket- closer to the pivioting center of the rack, the more torque is needed but the swing arm can be shorter.

How did your build turn out? I am in the process of building a incubator out of a vfd enclosure I got from work.
36EEF04D-535E-4A0A-946B-DC6F2F4FF922.jpeg

Sadly I haven't been able to continue it! My workshop was broken into and all wires and my shop tools were stolen. They stripped my incubator dry. Event took Light Sockets and my temp./humidity controllers.
Oh no.
:he

:hugs

We have the people who did it on camera with perfect face shots of them. They thought cutting the camera wires would turn off the cameras. The cameras are battery powered with SD chips in them and I only kept their chargers plugged in. I gave all the SD chips to the police and they said there is nothing they can do about it. They can only arrest them when caught in the act. One of the 3 people who broke into my workshop was the same person who kidnapped Koda and Nova last year. They didn't get everything in my shop so I know they will come back. But this time Nova will be inside waiting for them.
Nova became very aggressive towards strangers (Only when we aren't present) since the person taking her and Koda.

We gave a scrapper guy 4 fridges, a washer, microwave and a dryer one time. He came back and I told him we didn't have anymore scrap for him and asked him to leave. I told him to stay away from my dogs. That they act sweet and cute till you get close and then they bite. He went through our yard looking for scrap metal while we were sleeping and tried taking my kennel panel feet. They were prompt up against the outdoor kennel. The man thought I was joking that my dogs would bite him. Koda bit him through the fence and Nova jumped the 6ft tall Kennel Panel chasing him to his car. He tried to "pin" (more like kill) Nova against our house with his car. The guy called the police on us for him getting bit. We have tons of signs up saying "Private Property" "Beware of Dogs" and "No Trespassing" "Beware Attacking Dogs". Cops showed up and arrested him for trespassing and animal endangerment. He only spent 3 nights in jail. His son is the one who kidnapped Nova and Koda and was one of the three people who broke into my workshop. I wouldn't doubt the other 2 are relatives as well.

Nova and Koda
20181023_233956.jpg

We have the people who did it on camera with perfect face shots of them. They thought cutting the camera wires would turn off the cameras. The cameras are battery powered with SD chips in them and I only kept their chargers plugged in. I gave all the SD chips to the police and they said there is nothing they can do about it. They can only arrest them when caught in the act. One of the 3 people who broke into my workshop was the same person who kidnapped Koda and Nova last year. They didn't get everything in my shop so I know they will come back. But this time Nova will be inside waiting for them.
Nova became very aggressive towards strangers (Only when we aren't present) since the person taking her and Koda.

We gave a scrapper guy 4 fridges, a washer, microwave and a dryer one time. He came back and I told him we didn't have anymore scrap for him and asked him to leave. I told him to stay away from my dogs. That they act sweet and cute till you get close and then they bite. He went through our yard looking for scrap metal while we were sleeping and tried taking my kennel panel feet. They were prompt up against the outdoor kennel. The man thought I was joking that my dogs would bite him. Koda bit him through the fence and Nova jumped the 6ft tall Kennel Panel chasing him to his car. He tried to "pin" (more like kill) Nova against our house with his car. The guy called the police on us for him getting bit. We have tons of signs up saying "Private Property" "Beware of Dogs" and "No Trespassing" "Beware Attacking Dogs". Cops showed up and arrested him for trespassing and animal endangerment. He only spent 3 nights in jail. His son is the one who kidnapped Nova and Koda.

Nova and Koda
View attachment 1672002
:barnie some people. Just :barnie

Back
Top Bottom