My Hen Behaving Like A Rooster!

So happy to find this thread! I thought my hen had lost her mind!! She's a 4 yr old Plymouth rock and for about 2 months she will just mount one of the other hens until they submit! We have only had roosters recently for a very brief time as I raised some chicks and 2 were Roo's she never acknowledged them and they were honestly afraid of her! They are no longer in the flock but as I said the brief time they were here did not change her behavior I think she's just the head hen in charge!!!
It’s always good to know we’re not alone! These crazy girls!

Wow. Not sure, but it definitely could be due to the others having injuries and wounds. That is super likely. Or due to bordem. Thing is, though If those were the case it would be very likely everyone else (or more then one) would do the same,
I have her in her own pen. All other chickens and roosters are around her. After 6 weeks I put her with the others. She went crazy attacking them. I put her back in her own area so she wouldn’t hurt the others or herself. She will just have to live there. I’m not taking any chances on her killing someone. She can see everyone but can’t get near them.

Back
Top Bottom