My hen cant stand ,will not eat or drink please help !

ZaZ

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 23, 2011
For the last two days and nights my ex battery hen will not eat,drink or go in to roost.We have had her in the kitchen for two nights in a box of straw,now she cant stand.She looks bright eyed and happy.We have had her nearly a year,she has never laid an egg.Have checked she is not egg bound.Please someone help.
sad.png

I truly wish I had an answer for you, but I just don't know......Hopefully someone will come along to help.....

This post will just bump you up so other will see.....

Sharon

hi hope this helps that happen to my chickens and some told me they were sick, and to give them electrolites in their water, and they also make a medican that is not alot of money, also keep clean, good luck

I don't know what I am going to do........I will leave her another night and see in the morning.Have tried giving her water from a spoon but she wont have it.I don't want to have her "dispatched" But,I can't stand by and watch her starve and thirst to death.Thank you for your support..Still waiting for a miracle. x

No she isnt thin and I worm my chucks regulaly,All ways use red mite powder when I clean the hen house,They get given poultry spice as a tonic.I am at a loss.Please keep sending me ideas.
sad.png

What do you worm WITH? Wazine only covers roundworms. You should be using albendazole (Valbazen) or fenbendazole (Safeguard).

Have spoken to a friend who thinks she may have been injured internaly when she was in the Battery farm,as she has never laid,could this be the case????? Dose anyone have any experiance of a hen that has not laid for nearly a year ?????.As you can probebly tell I am now "GRASPING" at straws:(

Back
Top Bottom