My Ideal chicks are here! Pics!

Aw, they're sooo cute! The lighter ducklings are the khaki campbells right? (I'm determined to know what they look like so I can pick them out at the feed store correctly next week!)
cool.png

Quote:
gig.gif
no, no, no I couldn't do that!
big_smile.png
I had an order from Welp's that was supposed to ship Monday, and I find out on Tuesday that their supplier (Privett's) had *not* shipped them...something wrong with the hatch, or what, she didn't elaborate. She said it had been moved back to April 7th, and asked if it was okay. I said yes at first, but ended up calling later in the day and cancelling that one.

I'm going to run my order through Ideal this time, and that way my replacement chicks can be sent with my "original Welp order" There were 31 chicks on that one...4 dark and 2 buff Brahmas...we shall see if my order stays the same, but the majestic ones will be on there for sure
big_smile.png
love.gif

Quote:
Thanks Henrietta
smile.png
Actually, I think the black one, and the lighter yellow one are the Swedish-the little yellow one has some bluish color running through his bill and almost a bluish "tint" to his down. And the other three (ordered 3 of the KC) look the same...almost a brownish colored yellow, with a darker bill and feet. Such cute little things, lol!

I had to seperate my ducks and chicks the second day when I came home and found 6 happy ducklings, 12 SOAKED BO's and an empty 1 qt waterer! The blasted chicks were in the water as much as the ducks. I guess since the ducks are a little bigger, they are the "role models"
barnie.gif

Quote:
gig.gif
Cute story, thanks for sharing! I can just picture it
he.gif
I swear, every time I go down there, they are "hangin' around the watercooler"
lau.gif

Went down this morning and found two of the porcelain d'uccles dead
sad.png
They are my favorites so far, too! The little golden necks seem to be doing okay so far....I also have one white crested blue polish acting a little weak. Poor fellas. I will go ahead and place my other order with Ideal, and the replacement chicks can be shipped with them (more warmth) but I think I'm going to wait until the middle or end of April.

Quote:
Thanks Henrietta
smile.png
Actually, I think the black one, and the lighter yellow one are the Swedish-the little yellow one has some bluish color running through his bill and almost a bluish "tint" to his down. And the other three (ordered 3 of the KC) look the same...almost a brownish colored yellow, with a darker bill and feet. Such cute little things, lol!

Thanks. Man, I hope I don't mess this up!!

Back
Top Bottom