My Ideal chicks are here! Pics!

I'm new here - and so excited by all the great knowledge and advice! (and so excited to be getting my 16 chicks next week!)

Micki - you suggest using old sheets in the duckling brooder. Does that work for chicks as well? Stupid question - but do you fold the sheet up nicely? or crumple it all up?

Thanks so much!
big_smile.png

Thank you everyone,
hugs.gif

I lost one more porcelain D'uccle, so I'm down to one of them
sad.png
And the white crested blue Polish, that has acted pretty weak from the beginning. It's really strange, because the golden neck d'uccles are doing okay...

Farmerwannabe, welcome to BYC! I don't know if Micki will see your question, but you may pm her, just to be sure
smile.png
Good luck with your chicks, and I hope to see you around the forum
jumpy.gif

They are sooo cute! Sorry you lost so many
sad.png
Good luck with the rest of them, and your next order.
Did Ideal ship the ducks in the same box as the chicks? I am planning to order from them, and I really wouldn't mind if a couple of Blue Swedish ducklings snuck in with the chicks... hmm, I wonder how that happened!?
tongue.png

Last edited:
Happyhens, thank you
smile.png
Yep, the ducklings were right there in with the chicks, lol! Good way to sneak them past a SO..."I don't know how they got there, honey...must have dropped in from another box or something..."
gig.gif

I had the 5 ducklings swimming in the kitchen sink for a few minutes tonight...and I have to admit that my DH was right there watching, and smiling...
yippiechickie.gif
big_smile.png

So sorry to hear Brahma, I can relate. I went out to the coop where the chicks are now in their brooder and found 3 dead, one was a Sam. Fav. I've got one of them pecking the others. Hope the rest are all doing better.

Back
Top Bottom