My little Peanut died

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LilBizzy, May 21, 2008.

1. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG] She was seemingly fine this morning, actually up and running with the rest of the group. She had me laughing because of her tiny size, she could duck under the others to get to me faster. I checked her over, and all seemed well. But when Bird Hearder got home, he found her. Her lil butt was pasty and she was gone. It's just amazing how things can change so quickly.

[​IMG]

On a more positive note, though, the others all seem to be well. I'm noticing a few of them have little tiny tail feathers growing in. It looks cute. I'm still wondering what kind the light colored white winged ones are. And our big girls (almost 2 months old) are getting prettier by the day.

2. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry about Peanut, but I'm glad the others are doing well. [​IMG]

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    So sorry to hear about Peanut.[​IMG] Just know that you gave her a good home and took very good care of her. She had a short time here but she knows she was loved. Good luck with your remaining babies. [​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    [​IMG]I am soo sorry 'bout your little Peanut. You have some adorable photos of her though, as a remembrance of her large sweetness. [​IMG]

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aaaaawwww I am sorry you lost Peanut. The good thing...she knew only love, attention and good care. [​IMG]

7. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm really sorry about Peanut [​IMG] Such a cutie...you'll always have a special place in your heart for Peanut.

Glad your other babies are doing well.

8. basicliving

basicliving Keepin' the sunny side up

Mar 20, 2008
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I'm so sorry you lost Peanut. I've got one that sounds similar - she is definitely the runt and not growing like the others. She's had pasty butt too - and I have to clean her several times a day. I can only imagine how sad it was to lose your little Peanut. I would be sad too if I lost my little runt. I named her Ali - after Mohammad Ali because she's such a little fighter.

[​IMG] to you. I'm happy to hear your others are doing well though.

Take care,
    Penny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by