My little rescued duckling *Update post#26 pic loaded*

Balefire

Songster
8 Years
9 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Orwigsburg PA
Today I rescued a duckling, which people bought, because it was soooooooooooo cute and they did not have any clue, what they run into. They want to relase it into the wild. So I took it in. No idea what kind of duck it is or how old. All I know is, that they feed it with catfood and bread..........
First thing I did was giving it real food and it loved it. So here some bad pics from my phone

86182_mysteryduckling.jpg

86182_mysteryduckling2.jpg

and a very bad video @ FB

Can it be that's a Muscovie?

Last edited:
Thank you ,you 2. I'm happy that this little guy is eating.
I like to punch that person, who sold a single duck. Hope I find a friend ( or 2 or 3 ) 2morrow @ the auction. If not I'm screwed, because till now I only have chicken and ginnies. This little one is missing duckcompany so bad. So please cross your fingers for the auction. I was looking @ craigslist already, everything then ducks
sad.png

It is so cute! are you keeping it inside it looks like it would be to young to not have heat.
It was so great you were able to get it.

Last edited:
Its eating very well and loved his warm light. When I'm back from work, I will take more pics with the better cam. Now I'm looking for some friends, that's a challange this time the year *sigh*

Glad I'm not the only softie! My ex-neighbor called me Friday and asked if I wanted her duck. I knew I'd probably end up with it when I saw it last month. She's about 2 or 3 months old and poor thing has been living in a wire floor rabbit hutch. She acted like she was starving when we got her home. She can't make up her mind if she'd rather eat or swim. They got mad when she dumped her water dish (trying to bathe in it) and wouldn't fill it up again till the next day. Her feet are messed up too. I hope that will straighten out now that she can walk on the ground. Even her legs are tiny from lack of exercise.

The last thing I needed was another duck! I'm trying to place a pair of Crested Rouens I bought, and now I have another one! Oh well, I'll figure it out. At least she's not in that little cage, starving anymore.

Back
Top Bottom