Oh me! Luckily it doesn’t get cold enough, for long enough, for ice to form. On the rare occasion when it snows and the temp gets into the 20’s, with the wind chill in the teens, we might have ice, but it’s usually on the roads only. We mostly have 2 to 3 weeks of pretty cold weather. It’s mostly the dang wind chill that kills me!

I feel for y’all who have to put up with the frigid temps...and take care of livestock. I lived in Massachusetts and Alaska and the snow was fun...as a kid...but there are too many extra responsibilities that cold brings when you are an adult.
Depending on where you've lived in Alaska, it may have been warmer there during winter than at some times where you're living now. Some of the pan-handle islands are frost free, for example.

I lived in Fairbanks.
It is LOUSY cold in Fairbanks during the winter!!!
full

Nevertheless i would love to visit Fairbanks twice in my life:
  1. During high summer to experience how that feels if the sun never sets
  2. During the winter to see the northern lights
I know the sun will set in Fairbanks, but it comes close to…

So this morning, after I turned the goonies out and they jumped in the pool, they started their nonsense. I see and learn something new almost everyday. Today, what I saw was hilarious to me. (I started to video the hilarious ducks, but my DH called my phone and ruined it all.) Now follow along.

Peaches, Hershey, Ralphie and Petey were in the water. Peaches decides she will be the “one on top” of poor Hershey. (I think Hershey is secretly tired of the whole mess. They all take turn about on her, I guess because she’s the smallest.) After Peaches slides off of Hershey she immediately flattens out and stretches her neck out waiting for a little ‘Quid Pro Quo” from any of the others. Unbelievably, none of them took her up on her offer. :lau Well, from what I saw before I had to run to the house to get my DH the bag of eggs he forgot when he left!

So this morning, after I turned the goonies out and they jumped in the pool, they started their nonsense. I see and learn something new almost everyday. Today, what I saw was hilarious to me. (I started to video the hilarious ducks, but my DH called my phone and ruined it all.) Now follow along.

Peaches, Hershey, Ralphie and Petey were in the water. Peaches decides she will be the “one on top” of poor Hershey. (I think Hershey is secretly tired of the whole mess. They all take turn about on her, I guess because she’s the smallest.) After Peaches slides off of Hershey she immediately flattens out and stretches her neck out waiting for a little ‘Quid Pro Quo” from any of the others. Unbelievably, none of them took her up on her offer. :lau Well, from what I saw before I had to run to the house to get my DH the bag of eggs he forgot when he left!
Omgoodness! 😂 that would have been a good video. Is your youtube public, do you have more videos? I love watching them 😍 like that pool party from yesterday 🤣 but they're so funny! It makes me want more ducks but DH would probably poop bricks.

On the contrary! - Hershey can't get enough of the action, otherwise she would not have flattened out. It is an unbelievable sight when one of the White Layers flattens out, they look like whipped cream melting into the ground…

On the contrary! - Hershey can't get enough of the action, otherwise she would not have flattened out. It is an unbelievable sight when one of the White Layers flattens out, they look like whipped cream melting into the ground…
Omgoodness! 🤣 when does this all start to happen?!

Back
Top Bottom