I started to add to the end of my post that I can call him precious because he’s not terrorizing me!

My ducks have found if they wait underneath the security light in the evening all the good bugs appear. So I’ve been having trouble some nights getting them rounded up. I will go ahead and lock my chickens up, but wait another 30-45 minutes for the ducks to make it to their lot. They’ll either already be in their house or partying in the pool!
You must have a security light with a good ol' hot bulb! I have LED lights all around the house and despite thousands of insects flying around those, not many of them fall down. However, the little ducklings have turned into fly-hunting raptors! Due to the unavoidable duckling smell and the crazy amounts of fruit flies we have her this year, those fruit flies are attracted to the brooder and the little ones are getting better and better in catching 'em.

Last edited:
View attachment 2330564Penny the Frankenduck with Piper, the WH that @Magnolia Ducks gave us.Below is Charlie and I think Jack, below that is Thr Runner Rouen drake and last but not least are the parents.View attachment 2330565View attachment 2330566View attachment 2330568
I always said that clean bred ducks are not the best ones! Your ducks are beautiful and they have character. :love I am still unable to distinguish any of the F&W Runner ducklings, they all look exactly the same. I consider them more Frankenducks than our »Muttlings«.
Muttling and proud, take that!

Oooh piper is turning lighter.
It seems that all ducks are becoming whiter with age: I need to snap a picture of Pinball Duck, you remember she is one of the »Magpie« ducks from Ideal. - She used to look like a Black Swedish, but now she looks more like an Ancona…
But she still has her shriek voice… :gig

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom