Pics
The past two days my little darling ducklings have used over a gallon of water. That is perfectly fine, but today I had to go to the doctor and I was afraid their little one quart container would not last them till I got home, which was almost 4 hours later. Luckily, there was still water in the trough part, but no more in the container.

I made a catch basin to go under the one quart waterer, which BTW has been a godsend...and a lifesaver. So it wasn’t as easy as just plopping in a large waterer. As soon as I got home and refilled their water I got to work on another catch basin to fit a 5 quart waterer.

Here is what I did in case anyone else would like to try it.

Found an old piece of 1/2” plywood and traced the feed pan (catch basin) on it. I marked a 1/2” line on either side of the ‘pan measurement line’ and drew each of those lines around parallel to the first one. I cut this ‘circle frame’ out with a jig saw. This gave me a one inch circle board that I could use to staple hardware cloth to that would sit nicely on top of the feed pan. I did not place screen wire on top of the hardware cloth on this one like I did on the first one. I didn’t want them to possibly get their bills stuck in the squares of the HC. :fl But they are a bit older now and hopefully that won’t happen. After I cut the plywood I sanded the edges and top really well so there would be no chance for splinters. And then I stapled the HC to the bottom side.
431855CE-39C4-4F0F-AF37-761CA77DF416.jpeg
DFB7BB26-B451-445D-AAB2-9E04B1565C4F.jpeg

I had to find something that would sit underneath the waterer that would hold its weight instead of the HC. This brick was the perfect size.
8A5ED379-DC01-410F-9E8E-26B29E53D74E.jpeg

6751C8FC-B647-4DFD-ABC1-BA0618E0D5F6.jpeg

Of course I had to move it to the center of the pool so the little boogers didn’t try to escape. It was a little bit taller than my previous one, so I placed two bricks up next to it for a little boost.
64FA11D8-463C-49A6-B509-2E9F9F48017C.jpeg

My smallest duckies had no problem getting up there. Now I don’t have to completely fill the waterer up (because we all know it’ll need cleaning out before they use/spill it all), but if I ever need to be gone several hours I won’t be worrying the entire time.
BD142300-1FF3-4F60-97B5-E7098BF7D450.jpeg

They are dolls Mimi, and your catch basin is awesome but those little ones need a bigger container now for dunking their faces into there are many ways to make one here is one option . I had 4 ducklings using this and it worked fine. You could make 2 and have enough for your 5.

Attachments

• IMG_2627 (1).JPG
    IMG_2627 (1).JPG
    454.6 KB · Views: 2
They are dolls Mimi, and your catch basin is awesome but those little ones need a bigger container now for dunking their faces into there are many ways to make one here is one option . I had 4 ducklings using this and it worked fine. You could make 2 and have enough for your 5.

I didn’t see any dolls. Do you collect dolls?

I know some women do, but I find it creepy to walk in a room with a thousand dolls staring at me. It’s almost as bad as running barefoot through a dux pen.

Nope no dolls here. Just cute little ducks that are dolls. ❤

“Class what we have here is an example of the perfect oxymoron “. :old

—-cute little ducks that are dolls—-

Now in dissecting that sentence we find it is the rare double oxymoron...

First one implies ducks are cute and the second ducks are dolls...

Now when a normal person, such as myself thinks of dux dolls this is what comes to mind:

1586440445362.gif
1586440495024.gif
1586440539290.gif

this concludes Professor Ralphie’s online learning module for today.

Oh, okay. I will fix something today. I remember reading that way back, but completely forgot about it when I was concentrating on keeping everything dry. I’m on it right now.

Thank you so much!

Now when a normal person, such as myself thinks of dux dolls this is what comes to mind:

View attachment 2081676View attachment 2081677View attachment 2081678

Lord help, Ralphie! Is there nothing you can’t come up with?

BTW, your ‘dolls’ are HIDEOUS!

View attachment 2081676View attachment 2081677View attachment 2081678

What on earth.:lau
I'd like to be excused from Professor Ralphie's class, the content is a little disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom