Pics
We don’t have a multitude of snails, but we used to be overrun with dang slugs. My chickens have put a HUGE dent in the slug population. Thank goodness.
Slug! A large slug for Petey! - No snail! - One of those critters without a shell!
Sorry, my mistake! I always forget that there are different words for "Schnecke" in English.
Before we had the ducks, i had to mow the grass around the house 2-3 times a summer to allow the sun to shine into the windows. After that ticks were crawling all over me (shivvver!) and i hate ticks! They are almost as bad a hypodermic needles!
Since ducks we have zero ticks! And far less of those pesky stink bugs! And by the way: When our birds eat stink-bugs it has no influence on the taste of the eggs. The duckies love them, they make nice crunching sounds when they squash them in their bills. Its like popcorn for them!

I almost forgot to tell y’all that Metzer called me about my last email on Saturday. I just wanted to update them on the death of the Saxony, but that I was not expecting anything in return (new duck, refund, credit, etc.). She was very nice and said they would be more than happy to send another duckling...with a companion, or refund the cost. Generally ‘companions’ are males and I’m just not ready for that yet and I don’t want to deal with two sets of ducklings until they could be combined. So she refunded me. That was amazing I thought. I thanked her.

I almost forgot to tell y’all that Metzer called me about my last email on Saturday. I just wanted to update them on the death of the Saxony, but that I was not expecting anything in return (new duck, refund, credit, etc.). She was very nice and said they would be more than happy to send another duckling...with a companion, or refund the cost. Generally ‘companions’ are males and I’m just not ready for that yet and I don’t want to deal with two sets of ducklings until they could be combined. So she refunded me. That was amazing I thought. I thanked her.
Metzer Farms really values their customers!

Slug! A large slug for Petey! - No snail! - One of those critters without a shell!
Sorry, my mistake! I always forget that there are different words for "Schnecke" in English.
Before we had the ducks, i had to mow the grass around the house 2-3 times a summer to allow the sun to shine into the windows. After that ticks were crawling all over me (shivvver!) and i hate ticks! They are almost as bad a hypodermic needles!
Since ducks we have zero ticks! And far less of those pesky stink bugs! And by the way: When our birds eat stink-bugs it has no influence on the taste of the eggs. The duckies love them, they make nice crunching sounds when they squash them in their bills. Its like popcorn for them!
I might try to find some slugs for her. They are few and far between here nowadays. My chickens will eat the stink bugs too. And I haven’t noticed any tainted taste in the eggs from them either. Also, ticks are a thing of the past here too.

Metzer is great! I lost one of mine during shipping and they sent two replacements, I requested both female and both Welshies like the one I lost, and that's what I got! Maybe coincidence, not sure. All I know is every interaction with them has been good! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom