My mom is home, thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts it works!

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
Yesterday my mom went to sign her credit card slip at the local hangout and couldn't get her arm to work. She had my dad sign it instead and then they left for his Drs. appt. Luckily the waitress is a family friend and called me right away to ask what was wrong with my mom. I think I've mentioned how stubborn she is? I called them and she said her arm felt like it didn't belong to her she thought she slept on it wrong etc etc etc. I told her that is sign of either having had a stroke or about to have one and she needed to get to the emergency room right away, of course she argued with me so I talked to my dad and told him take her and if she argues call me and I'll back him up. He told his Dr. at the VA what was happening so she looked at my mom and told her she needed to go to the emergency room right away. Since my mom doesn't have medical benefits (military) they went to a close by civilian hospital and her usually low blood pressure was 247/156 she's lucky to be alive.
She is still undergoing testing but so far everything looks good and normal, so we don't know what caused this yet.
Thanks,
Kate

Last edited:
Will do, definitely a good thing you talked to your dad and he got her seen!

Will be praying for her.

Wow, I am glad that she is OK. What a close call for her.

I will surely pray for her that she will improve, too.

~~Moms are so special~~
smile.png

I am so thankful for wonderful friends and coworkers. When she called me I was in a meeting and my cell phone was in my classroom. Our custodian was cleaning my room and my phone kept ringing so he called the office to tell them to page me because my phone kept ringing and he was worried it might be important. How many people will actually call from a restaurant to tell you about it first, then have someone page you because your phone is ringing in your class?

Dear Kate,
By all means KNOW that your mother and family are in my prayers. This is exactly what happened to me and it was a long drawn out series of weeks but I finally had the diagnosis of several(pinpointed two, perhaps three) ministrokes on my right side. Now that "dead fish" left arm is still kinda dead I have strength in it but not the dexterity anymore. Rest assured that prayers are with all of you!
And lots of hugs too This can be a very scary time for all of you but especially her!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom