My neighbor IS A MURDERER!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were me, I would plant a whole line of bamboo just on the inside of your property line. In a couple years, you will have a nice, sturdy wall between you and this crazy person. Maybe he just has really really bad allergies (any excuse other than he is a flaming jerk) right?
We recently lost two of our very old pine trees in my yard. One fell... Thankfully not hitting anything important, the other died, so we took it down, it still makes me sad to look at the stumps. Bamboo. A lot of bamboo

I don't condone clear cutting without replanting. I don't condone cutting during nesting season.

I've cut over 50 trees on my property over the last 3 years. Some I had cut into lumber, some have heated my house. Some became mulch, some became brush piles. It allowed me to plant s harden, grape vines, fruit trees. It opened up the canopy to make the remaining trees healthier and promote diversity. It has attracted wildlife.

My neighbor has a pristine open yard. New(er) house. Weed killer people stop by monthly to spread chemicals. Other neighbor has a chemical free orchard/produce business ad well as "scrub area. Our weeds seed neighbor ones lawn, I believe :) If you want a golf course lawn, don't move to the country!

I feel your pain.

Actually the land I live on used to be sea! You don;t get many trees down there. - We need to be looking forward and conserve the trees we do now have not looking back. We can never reclaim what our ancestors cut down and that is why it is so important that WE TODAY DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES - or there won't be enough trees left to give us the livable breathable atmosphere we depend upon. Anyhow we really won't be able to live in a land after the affects of global warming! Unless humans evolve into being cockroaches! They say that they "might" survive?

Oes

The earth gets most of its oxygen from the sea. Trees grow better under the effects of global warming. Either you are confused on the effects of global warming or I am not told the full details.

Last edited:
I have some poplars that I planted about 8 years ago they are now 80 feet tall. There are always ways to get trees if you want to. What i am seeing unravel in this thread is another case of I want something at the expense of someone else.

I deal with this issue from time to time and I have learned that even when their lot was cleared of trees it is now different when it is someone else's lot being cleared and I really do not think it is fruitful to discuss the issue any more if the basic property rights are going to be ignored.

Trees will regrow and I do not care how big your lot is it will support a tree but then that tree's health and welfare will be the person complaining problem and I really see no need to illustrate that point... it should be self explanatory... to a reasonable minded person.

Is there any reason you could not have planted trees on your lot? If you have been there a while you could have your own trees so no issues with the neighbor

It should be easy to find trees similar to the ones cut down, not in size and plant them so you control their destiny. Personally, I WISH the neighbor would cut down his protected oak tree. It is just a matter of time til it finishes ruining the shed, knocks down our fence and kills off 6 fruit trees that are barely hanging on.

I would LOVE to trim it, but I am afraid it will split and half fall on his rentals and we will be liable.

Not all protected big trees are wonderful neighbors.
Thank you for your view. We do have trees on our property. Our trees are a-might younger and therefore are not able to hold the wildlife and established bird colony that are in the larger tree line.

Your point about the large oak really does illustrate the need for tree protection. The "shed" is something that could be moved or should not have been put into that area in the first place. As for the fruit trees they must be younger than the oak and therefore sadly were grown in the wrong place. Under an established oak is clearly not the right place to plant fruit trees. If a person wants sheds and fruit trees then why buy land under an oak???? It is like buying a house at the end of a runway and then complaining about the noise. The oak was already there and hopefully will be so long after you have moved on. A shed is not that important but an oak can live for 100s of years. If the Oak was a hazard to your house then that is a different matter, though also very daft to build next to one. I am sorry that you feel so angry at the tree for being there when clearly if it is as large and established as you suggest, then it was there when you chose to buy your plot.
There are two issues here - the safety and well being of large established trees and surrounding area and the wildlife that make their homes within them, or indeed under them. They are an entire eco system.
There will always be people who are chainsaw happy. There will always be bird/wildlife hater’s and there will always be folk who cannot see the beauty and majesty in nature.

Oes

Last edited:
I have some poplars that I planted about 8 years ago they are now 80 feet tall. There are always ways to get trees if you want to. What i am seeing unravel in this thread is another case of I want something at the expense of someone else.

I deal with this issue from time to time and I have learned that even when their lot was cleared of trees it is now different when it is someone else's lot being cleared and I really do not think it is fruitful to discuss the issue any more if the basic property rights are going to be ignored.

Trees will regrow and I do not care how big your lot is it will support a tree but then that tree's health and welfare will be the person complaining problem and I really see no need to illustrate that point... it should be self explanatory... to a reasonable minded person.

Thanks for the post - clearly you love poplars!

I am not entirely sure what you mean by your statement "What I am seeing unravel in this thread is another case of I want something at the expense of someone else." The wanton destruction of trees and wildlife never benefits anyone in the long-term.

Personally I believe it is everyone's job to look out for and protect our natural recourses. That means checking our neighbors are not causing harm to wildlife and breaking laws that are there for the long-term protection of our lands. We are but visitors and will pass through. We might think of ourselves as “owner” of the land under our feet but in reality we are only the custodians for a short time in the life of our world. Yes folk do have "property rights" but they do not have the "right" to destroy and harm and cause unnecessary suffering.

Clearly you have some property issues right now.
"I deal with this issue from time to time and I have learned that even when their lot was cleared of trees it is now different when it is someone else's lot being cleared and I really do not think it is fruitful to discuss the issue any more if the basic property rights are going to be ignored."

If you find this subject is upsetting for you then feel free to join another thread and thank you for your input.

Oes

The earth gets most of its oxygen from the sea. Trees grow better under the effects of global warming. Either you are confused on the effects of global warming or I am not told the full details.

I hope this is helpful - You are correct Oxygen does come from water but it also comes from our plants and particularly our trees. Oxygen is not the only life giving eliment that our trees and vegitation give to the atmosphere. That is why it is so important to maintain the rain forests and not to destroy trees without good reason.

Atmospheric oxygen is an important part of the Earth's atmosphere and of the conditions that allow for life on Earth. The atmosphere is composed of approximately 80% nitrogen and 20% oxygen, with trace amounts of other elements. The air we breathe has atmospheric oxygen in it, but the atmosphere also helps to make a protective envelope for the planet. There are two sources of atmospheric oxygen, but the primary way in which the Earth generates oxygen for the atmosphere is through photosynthesis. Photosynthesis accounts for 98% of the world's atmospheric oxygen, while the breakup of water molecules by ultraviolet radiation composes the other 1-2%.
Oxygen is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gaseous chemical element which appears in great abundance on Earth, trapped by the atmosphere. Many people are familiar with oxygen, because it is a vital component of the respiration process; without oxygen, most organisms will die within minutes. A number of forms of oxygen and oxygen compounds can be found in nature. Oxygen can also be isolated and sold in pure form for an assortment of uses, and was first isolated and identified in 1774.
Today, the atmosphere is about 23% oxygen and the remainder nitrogen. The necessity of oxygen from plants is another reason why we should discourage the destruction of rainforests worldwide, particularly in the Amazon.

Oes

Last edited:
His land; his trees. If he is breaking laws, report him. Not everyone has the same values as each other, and having different opinions or values does not make one right or wrong.

Thanks for the post - clearly you love poplars!

I am not entirely sure what you mean by your statement "What I am seeing unravel in this thread is another case of I want something at the expense of someone else." The wanton destruction of trees and wildlife never benefits anyone in the long-term.

Personally I believe it is everyone's job to look out for and protect our natural recourses. That means checking our neighbors are not causing harm to wildlife and breaking laws that are there for the long-term protection of our lands. We are but visitors and will pass through. We might think of ourselves as “owner” of the land under our feet but in reality we are only the custodians for a short time in the life of our world. Yes folk do have "property rights" but they do not have the "right" to destroy and harm and cause unnecessary suffering.

Clearly you have some property issues right now.
"I deal with this issue from time to time and I have learned that even when their lot was cleared of trees it is now different when it is someone else's lot being cleared and I really do not think it is fruitful to discuss the issue any more if the basic property rights are going to be ignored."

If you find this subject is upsetting for you then feel free to join another thread and thank you for your input.

Oes
What I meant was that people who want trees for example are entitled to buy enough property so they can surround them selves with trees if they so choose but instead they buy a postage stamp lot and expect their neighbor to provide them trees at the neighbors expense. Which is coveting by the way.

I am assuming you have other neighbors on the other side of you, do they have trees? if not have you told them they need some? maybe there are things you are doing with your property that they do not approve of? and them being a good neighbor are minding their own business by not telling you so...??

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, one man's pleasure is another man's gain and so on and so on. The early pioneers seen trees as a burden to farming the land. Maybe your neighbor is not a "murderer" but someone who wants to do his own thing and not be harassed by his neighbors and has to act like an ***hole to keep people at bay.

What you "believe" may not be what the next guy believes, have you considered that? Would you enjoy someone coming to you and telling you that maybe keeping chickens is just as wrong as your neighbor cutting his trees because they "believe" it is?

All I am saying is whenever you point a finger at someone you have 3 more pointing at you. We are only getting half the story here and having 30 some years experience in this area on contention I know there is always 2 sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom