My neighbor IS A MURDERER!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP

I find myself thinking real hard about this thread, started to respond a few hours ago and thought better of it, then I went back and reread the original post.

Let me qualify my opinion first. I own 13.89 acres give or take a few hundreths. When the property came into my ownership (1985 or so) it was being used for cattle grazing. Having spent many hours--- many more than you can possibly understand. I built fence to remove the cattle from the property, that is, nearly 4800' of running fence. I spent days on the tractor seat improving drainage. Spent months removing the invasive species trees- in this case, chinese tallow, and every year I continue to spend time removing last years chinese tallow seedlings. After a full 5 years of work I started reforesting. Being a young man with a young family, I had everything but money. I spent days collecting acorns and hickory nuts from the few oak and hickory trees that were on my property. That first year I planted them in a small 10'X10' raised bed. The next spring I transplanted the 6" tall seedlings and manually by hand planted thousands. The following years I purchased pine trees from La. State Forestry service at the price of $80 per 1000. Made a big mistake that year, I purchased 3000 trees in one lump. Do you know how many times you have to bend over and how long it takes to plant 3000 trees. I was night and day at it for what seemed like eternity. Then in the next years it was the pecan trees, I planted a 3 acre grove. Once again I collected pecans, sprouted them in a 5 gallon bucket the 1st year. Year 2 I sellected the best seedlings and grafted with desirable type scions. Year 3, I transplanted to the ground.

Here's a photo 20 years after the work. Pecans are in the foreground, pines are to right, oak and hardwood forest to the left rear. Horse is named Cody.
http://cdn.backyardchickens.com/b/bf/900x900px-LL-bff01584_34316_img00046-20100712-1524.jpeg

All this work, what did it get me, satisfaction, but also so interference from my nieghbors. They wanted to tell me how, when, why and why not I should plant trees on my property. The best deal was the guy I caught cutting down a 10' tall pine tree-- my pine tree! When I questioned him, why, his answer was he needed a Christmass tree. You can not imagine how abussed I felt.

The point of all this is. I am equally offended by your description of the property/tree owner as a b****ard and the use of other offensive terms when describing the property owner's activity while on his own property! You don't own it! You don't own the view! And you don't own the trees!

First fact, I pay taxes on my property, on my trees, and any structure I would build on the property if I decided to remove the trees. If you would question me as to why I am removing the trees I would give you the real reason, timber sales, storm damage whatever. But if you would ever and I mean ever, make the mistake of even trying to tell me what I should or should not do on my property--- I'd point my finger right in your face and explain very plainly, that the property you were standing on (assuming you came on to my land) was mine as far down as you could ever dig, and then I'd tell you to look up, and tell you that as high as you could jump was mine too! And you would be not so politely asked to beat feet.
Thank you for your comments - you are as everyone else is entitled to your view.

If there is a reason for trees to be taken down then that is within reason. However wanton destruction for the sake of it is clearly not in the benefit of anyone. As for my neighbor he has broken our laws. That is a fact. He has not waited until nesting has finished to take down the trees nor has he intended as some have suggested put in others to replace them. Actually he has taken every living thing off the property like someone gone mad. Clearly he has some issues that need to be addressed. He has attacked officials from the environment agencies as well as neighbors and is very nasty indeed. He has no regard for anyone or anything. His burning sends clouds of smoke into the road, which is a risk to traffic. It also covers over all of the adjoining gardens where children were at play and washing lines were full. It even spread thick right across the neighboring farm paddock while the cows were calving, it was so thick the farmer couldn’t see the cows to tend them. - He is as I described towards all the neighbors who border his land.

You have every right to your opinions and I also have a right to mine. I am sad that you feel offended by my opinion. - I hope that yours was not intended, as it has come across, as threatening. That is not were this thread is about to be at.

As for the land that I live on - we do have trees and I do plant trees. Some folk have assumed that I somehow don’t and therefor depend on my neighbor to “supply me with them”. Not so - There are trees on this land too and birds often visit. Though the trees here are not as large as the ones that sustain the long established nesting sights of many different species of birds not just crows!

Bless you and I wish you well with your tree project. I am sad that someone came into your land and stole your tree.

Oes

A lot of the "get over it, it's his land" posters have missed a point that OES made earlier. According to the law in her country, what he did was illegal; not because he cut the trees, but because he cut them during nesting season. He has also run off officials. This doesn't sound like the nice, but somewhat crazy next door neighbor. It sounds like the bad neighbor who moved to the country to do whatever he wants.

I don't know if it is the case here, but where I live, urban trees of a certain size are protected. You must be permitted to cut. This is important where I live mainly because of the shade/cooling effect of large trees. Urban/suburban areas, particularly in the southern US, are significantly impacted by tree cover. Many areas have such laws, and it is possible that OES area is the same.
While I do understand that there may be illegalities involved, and I did mention that there might in my post, the fact is that the OP has made it clear that officials are not pursuing it as she believes they ought. That makes me pause and wonder if they really view the actions as illegal? Or whether her belief varies somewhat from that of the officials.

Thank you for your comments - you are as everyone else is entitled to your view.

If there is a reason for trees to be taken down then that is within reason. However wanton destruction for the sake of it is clearly not in the benefit of anyone. As for my neighbor he has broken our laws. That is a fact. He has not waited until nesting has finished to take down the trees nor has he intended as some have suggested put in others to replace them. Actually he has taken every living thing off the property like someone gone mad. Clearly he has some issues that need to be addressed. He has attacked officials from the environment agencies as well as neighbors and is very nasty indeed. He has no regard for anyone or anything. His burning sends clouds of smoke into the road, which is a risk to traffic. It also covers over all of the adjoining gardens where children were at play and washing lines were full. It even spread thick right across the neighboring farm paddock while the cows were calving, it was so thick the farmer couldn’t see the cows to tend them. - He is as I described towards all the neighbors who border his land.
I am beginning to believe we have a his story, your story and the true story thing going on here.

You have every right to your opinions and I also have a right to mine. I am sad that you feel offended by my opinion. - I hope that yours was not intended, as it has come across, as threatening. That is not were this thread is about to be at.
Threatening, I believe you were the very first to utter a threatening phrase when describing what you would like to do to your nieghbor.

As for the land that I live on - we do have trees and I do plant trees. Some folk have assumed that I somehow don’t and therefor depend on my neighbor to “supply me with them”. Not so - There are trees on this land too and birds often visit. Though the trees here are not as large as the ones that sustain the long established nesting sights of many different species of birds not just crows!

Bless you and I wish you well with your tree project. I am sad that someone came into your land and stole your tree.

That's just my point it's my land, my trees, my project. If I want to start cutting them all down tomorrow, who are you are anyone else to tell me different.

Oes
I'm done simple property rights is something that will never be explained to some one who wants domain over others property.

While I do understand that there may be illegalities involved, and I did mention that there might in my post, the fact is that the OP has made it clear that officials are not pursuing it as she believes they ought. That makes me pause and wonder if they really view the actions as illegal? Or whether her belief varies somewhat from that of the officials.

The Wildlife (Northern Ireland) Order 1985

This legislation aims to protect wild animals, birds, plants and their habitats. It is therefore an offence to kill, injure, disturb, take or sell:
  • specially protected wild animals, such as badger, otter and red squirrel;
  • all wild birds, their nests and eggs
  • to uproot, pick or sell specially protected plants.
Enforcement is by the Police Service for Northern Ireland and maximum penalty is £5,000.

Protection of wild birds, their nests and eggs4.—(1) Subject to the provisions of this Part, if any person intentionally—
(a)kills, injures or takes any wild bird; or
(b)takes, damages or destroys the nest of any wild bird while that nest is in use or being built; or
(c)takes or destroys an egg of any wild bird,
he shall be guilty of an offence.

Last edited:
Does these laws only applies to just parks and protected properties or does it apply to ALL landowners, private and public?

Does these laws only applies to just parks and protected properties or does it apply to ALL landowners, private and public?

All wild birds while nesting - unless they are proved to be a danger/health hazard etc. Then a special licence has to be obtained and the destruction of the birds has to be done humainly. Clearly this man has done neither. The birds are varied in species and have been there a long lot of years.

The offence is being delt with. The police have been involed and so has the environmental office. The man attacked the environmental officer.

Oes

I am curious... how many wild birds are competing with your chickens for the very food they need to survive? I think it is time you pen your birds and start saving some of the few pieces of habitat available starting with your property and make them available to the poor native birds.
The Wildlife (Northern Ireland) Order 1985

This legislation aims to protect wild animals, birds, plants and their habitats. It is therefore an offence to kill, injure, disturb, take or sell:
  • specially protected wild animals, such as badger, otter and red squirrel;
  • all wild birds, their nests and eggs
  • to uproot, pick or sell specially protected plants.
Enforcement is by the Police Service for Northern Ireland and maximum penalty is £5,000.

Protection of wild birds, their nests and eggs4.—(1) Subject to the provisions of this Part, if any person intentionally—
(a)kills, injures or takes any wild bird; or
(b)takes, damages or destroys the nest of any wild bird while that nest is in use or being built; or
(c)takes or destroys an egg of any wild bird,
he shall be guilty of an offence.

I am curious... how many wild birds are competing with your chickens for the very food they need to survive? I think it is time you pen your birds and start saving some of the few pieces of habitat available starting with your property and make them available to the poor native birds.

I hope this answers your query?

My birds do free range. They do so only at the fall of each year when the harvest is in from the yard. They clear my beds for replanting and have the yard all winter until early spring. They do not compete with the wild birds for food because we always put out wild bird feeders they cannot reach!

If you know anything about wild birds and chickens you will know that it is in fact the other way around to what you are implying! The wild birds take the chicken feed!!!!!!!! We pen our chickens so that the wild birds do not take their feed. Sometimes it would seem I lose more feed to the wild birds than my hens get!!!!!!! So your curiosity is welcomed.

I believe in looking out for our wildlife very much particularly the wild birds in hard times like nesting and through the winter. So yes we do put extra feed out for them and if it were not for us having chickens in the yard there would be NO chicken feed for them to rely on as well as the food they find naturally!!!!!!! My chickens do not inhabit any area that was a nesting site for wild birds. Our ground was once only sand where lorries parked and nothing else so what is now there has been put there for the wildlife around and for our enjoyment. Once no birds ever came here now the wild birds do everyday. We enjoy them and they are welcome here, cared about and very much protected. If they get into the chicken run and steal chicken feed then it is my own fault for not securing my feed - though I admit to "not securing it" by choice at times. When there is little feed about for the wild birds to get.

Your statement comes across as quite confrontational??? I do hope that is not the case? I am entitled to enjoy nature and do my best to protect it within the laws of this country.
There are extra nesting boxes going up here now to help the birds that have lost their nesting site!! There have been no more fires and no more trees felled since the authorities were informed. The trees may yet go which will be very sad indeed but that should be done at the correct time of year and within the law. They should also be disposed of correctly and safely. This man will face a fine for that too if he lights another fire. There is NO REASON OR EXCUSE FOR WANTON CRUELTY!

I am so sad that so many chicken folk who profess to "love" Birds - have no care for wild birds. Some even advocate cruel treatment of them at the most vulnerable time of year. What a shame as so much is missed and lost to them.

Oes

For the time being, the USA is still a semi-free country. Telling someone they CAN'T remove trees from their property would be no different than telling someone they can't PLANT trees on their property.
I'm sorry to hear about the trees and your plight but I hate hearing about government and neighbors interfering with private property even more.
I have 25 mature trees on my land that I absolutely love but if I ever decide to cut them down, neighbors, city, county, state and Feds better stand back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom