my new bunny hutch

please watch the bunny from predators!
my lop (when I was a child) lost some of her toes to something going under the cage and biting what was poking through

if a coon can pull a chicken apart through that wire it can do it to your bun

Quote:
the dog will eat and kill the coon! They don't come in my suburban neighborhood~ My chickens run has welding wire which is much easier to grab, coons tend to be smart and they would go for that. My dog freaks out if anything comes near the property line. I am up every dang hour on the weekends due to the parties out back. He charges the fence with his teeth showing. He has a line and you don't cross it! But yet he sniffs the cats bum and licks the chickens clean. My kids feed him and steal his food while eating. He is a good dog, the best predator proofing you can have. But i must be honest, the hawks still scare me
wink.png

Sorry you lost your bunny
hugs.gif
I wouldn't want my kids to go through that!

Last edited:
I give my bunnies really fancy beds to lay in. Cardboard boxes. They also double as toys, hay boxes, etc... They can sit on them to get off the wire for a bit and if they can pooed in or too chewed up, toss 'em. Bunnies' other favorite playthings? Paper bags. I love having cheap pets.

Quote:
It does look good. Watch how much fruit/veggies she'll get. THey can give her the runs and a bunny with the runs is a dead bunny. NO avacados as they are toxic and she'll die. No iceburg lettuce. Treats should be kept to 1-2 times a week ONLY. Pellets (17% protien) are best, free fed hay (timothy or Alfalfa grass MIX not straight Alfalfa) is good as well. She'll also need things to chew on (wood blocks, horse hay cubes...)

You can in the winter put a resting pad (EZ-Pad) on the floor to help but most of the time they dont need it. THey have fur all over their feet!

Good Job!!

and as far as purpose... (lops more show animals than anything) if all else fails, you'll have food!!! We raise rabbits as Show, Pets (not for us for others), Meat and breeders....

That is so sweet. There are a couple wild bunnies that stay in my yard. I hope they have some babies. I wonder how they escape the predators and the free range chickens always get caught if I don't watch them?

Quote:
It does look good. Watch how much fruit/veggies she'll get. THey can give her the runs and a bunny with the runs is a dead bunny. NO avacados as they are toxic and she'll die. No iceburg lettuce. Treats should be kept to 1-2 times a week ONLY. Pellets (17% protien) are best, free fed hay (timothy or Alfalfa grass MIX not straight Alfalfa) is good as well. She'll also need things to chew on (wood blocks, horse hay cubes...)

You can in the winter put a resting pad (EZ-Pad) on the floor to help but most of the time they dont need it. THey have fur all over their feet!

Good Job!!

and as far as purpose... (lops more show animals than anything) if all else fails, you'll have food!!! We raise rabbits as Show, Pets (not for us for others), Meat and breeders....

Thanks, not the first bunny we have had. We are not new to bunnies!!!
She gets carrots, beets or peas 1x a week. No hay, she doesn't like it , She has stuff to chew on, we live in FL no need for pads in the winter...thanks

Back
Top Bottom