My new canada geese arent eating.

Lol shhh its our secret. Honestly im hoping to finding my lone gander a gf before winter so I don't have to eat him. I see no point of keeping him alone over winter though :(.
Doesn't have to be Embden does it? I searched for close to 5 yrs for an Embden goose to go with my gander, I don't know why but my part of the country must not like geese, they are hard to come by. anyway last Aug a friend asked me if I was interested in a 4month old Pro. Toulouse goose well the rest is history, they are in love and she is now sitting on 9 eggs. We'll see if we get any goslings. But I think they are a great match.

A lot of people cross there geese like that the touluse is a better layers and the embdems make better mothers so it works out well. I know for a few around town that are that cross already im just hoping to score myself a couple. My poor guy I wanna keep him as a pet he has a rough go of it I had him given to me after the owners ducks attacked him and he has lost his eye im hoping to keep him around for many years to come.

A lot of people cross there geese like that the touluse is a better layers and the embdems make better mothers so it works out well. I know for a few around town that are that cross already im just hoping to score myself a couple. My poor guy I wanna keep him as a pet he has a rough go of it I had him given to me after the owners ducks attacked him and he has lost his eye im hoping to keep him around for many years to come.
fl.gif
hope it works out!!

If you want to make friends with a Canada I find the best way is to offer them some cracked corn. They cannot resist and I guarantee they will be your friend for life. I offered some corn to a couple that was hanging out at the local pond and now they hit me up for some every time I walk by.

Get their attention by calling them over and then put a little pile (pile it high!) on the ground and tell them to have some corn. They'll hiss at you but keep on telling them to have some corn and then back off about 8 feet. It may take a couple of minutes, but usually the femal is curious and they will come and eat.

Also, have you hung around in the area near the geese, so they get to know you??? You know, just sit down on the ground about 6 or 8 feet away with a good book and read??? If they see you alot and you are relaxed and not bothering them they will think you are just another animal and that you are no threat to them.

Canadas are truly the most beautiful and most amazing bird I know.

If you want to make friends with a Canada I find the best way is to offer them some cracked corn. They cannot resist and I guarantee they will be your friend for life. I offered some corn to a couple that was hanging out at the local pond and now they hit me up for some every time I walk by.

Get their attention by calling them over and then put a little pile (pile it high!) on the ground and tell them to have some corn. They'll hiss at you but keep on telling them to have some corn and then back off about 8 feet. It may take a couple of minutes, but usually the femal is curious and they will come and eat.

Also, have you hung around in the area near the geese, so they get to know you??? You know, just sit down on the ground about 6 or 8 feet away with a good book and read??? If they see you alot and you are relaxed and not bothering them they will think you are just another animal and that you are no threat to them.

Canadas are truly the most beautiful and most amazing bird I know.
I love Canada's they are such grand birds, We live above a mountain river so spring and late summer into fall we get to watch these birds fly over daily, It's an amazing sight.
welcome-byc.gif

You might want to try whole wheat. Mine love it, and when they are free ranging it works as a supplement. Thanks for the picture, they are beautiful birds.

Thx for the advice and yes my Canada geese can fly but I clip there wings or I will be I got them at 4 years old they weren't pinioned and I don't feel its very humane to pinion them at this age.

Thx for the advice and yes my Canada geese can fly but I clip there wings or I will be I got them at 4 years old they weren't pinioned and I don't feel its very humane to pinion them at this age.

I don't think that it's even humane to pinion a bird at all. It just takes away what they were made for.

Back
Top Bottom