My new coop! Beware...lots of pictures!

nikki1

Songster
8 Years
Oct 16, 2011
Eatonville, WA
We've (finally!) finished our coop! Yea! I will now attempt to post a couple pictures. Wish me luck...
Here's my big boy and my little boy working on the framing in the garage.

Here's the work continuing outside between rain/snow/hail squalls during spring break.

Here's the finished house before we added the run and the trim.

And here it is with the run finished and the gaps all hardware clothed.

Any semi-fastidious carpenter in posession of a level and a measuring tape would be appalled, but the chickens seem to like it! Since this picture was taken we've finished painting the trim and run, and we've added knobs to the windows and doors. All the windows are secured with hardware cloth, and doors and egg hatches are fastened with padlocks. There's a hardware cloth skirt all the way around, including on the outside of the fence.

Not bad for a couple of teachers, a homemade sketch, 8,000 trips to Home Depot, and only a couple of fairly minor blood sacrifices!

--Nikki

That is very nice looking. The diamond-shaped vents are something I don't think I've seen on any coop photos before. I'm always amazed at how creative everyone is. Could you post photos of the inside?

We're still fine-tuning the roost situation, but when we've got it squared away I certainly will take some interior shots. We did vinyl flooring in the house, so clean-up has been very easy.

The diamond vents came from the Habitat for Humanity store, as did the paint, the vents between the rafters, the knobs, some of the nails, and a bunch of other odds and ends. The door with the window came from a friend who had tried to sell it at a yard sale, and had tried to give it away at a garage sale, so we cleaned out her shed.

Thanks for your kind appreciation.
frow.gif

--Nikki

Back
Top Bottom