My new muscovy ducklings!

Here they are huddled. And the last pic is when I turned the light off and stood and watched. This weekend I am making a bigger brooder.
IMG_20180321_061350525.jpg
IMG_20180321_061432378.jpg
IMG_20180321_061531031.jpg

I love those lil bodies and faces. Oh gosh you make me want some ducklings. [I have to be strong] lol Not easy.

I bet you'll need a bigger brooder you can just about sit and watch them grow.

Have you been following along with @onaharley with her brooders? She has some great ideas.

Well to be safe I would use some of either the Brewers yeast or Nutritional yeast, saying that way you can avoid any problems if they should arise I haven't ever had any Muscovy duckling with leg issues but mine are on the ground as soon as mama brings them out a big difference than brooder raised. And both NY and BY are so natural it isn't going to hurt them. I use NY because it has more niacin and I use it for myself too. Your lil drake will really take off growing and I have seen a period where mine sit down more when they are having the growth spurt so I think the yeast will help with that. I know PFR is formulated for all poultry but it seems we still see leg issues a lot even when using it mainly with Pekins but Muscovy's grow fast too. Still it's always up to you if you want to use any supplemental nutrients.

Even with mine who are raised by mamas they all get NY in their feed 3X a week to start then I taper off now it's 1X a week on my adults.
Thanks! I will get some!

I love those lil bodies and faces. Oh gosh you make me want some ducklings. [I have to be strong] lol Not easy.

I bet you'll need a bigger brooder you can just about sit and watch them grow.

Have you been following along with @onaharley with her brooders? She has some great ideas.
I have read some of her posts. I will see if I can find the brooder posts.

I gave the little flufferbutts a bath. Well, I provided water, they bathed themselves. I recorded a video. I will try to share. Well, actually 2 vids. I thought I was recording when they were all pretty active in the tub, but I guess not. Press the button, dummy. :thSmh.
I have also given them names. I will see if I can edit a photo to show who is who.
But, their names are Mocha, Java Joe, Blossom, and Beanie (she is smaller than the others and was apparent when they bathed and then preened).
They are still skeered but are becoming more relaxed. They didn't scatter when I opened the door. :clap- Only when the big hand came into the brooder. "Run for your lives...":wee:wee:wee:wee
IMG_20180321_193143430.jpg
IMG_20180321_192846146.jpg

Mocha is the one dipping her head in the water. She seems to be a leader. She is the one you can clearly see in the first tub photo posted. :love In the second video, Blossom is the one who stretches to dry off. It was so cute! Actually, all of them did it, but I didn't catch them with the camera. Beanie is the small one that can be seen in the front. Java Joe is the black one.

@Miss Lydia When should I start cutting the flock raiser with oats for the ducklings? I finished the section about feed in Storey's guide and it said for a high protein food, cut it with oats.
Where do you get the oats? I imagine they have oats for animals maybe at a feed store?
How do you go about adding it to your feed? Thanks!

Do you know what kind of feed they were talking about?:)

You shouldn’t have to add any oats to the feed. You can give it to them as a snack if you want when they are bigger. @Miss Lydia you don’t typically add oats correct?

Do you have a picture of the nutrition label? We should be able to tell you what if anything is needed.;)

Back
Top Bottom