My new Sussex Pullets!

Katu

In the Brooder
May 6, 2018
Wales
Greetings BYC! I've just joined Backyard chickens so I may need a little Help around here. So, I guess I'll tell you about my new babies! My grandfather bought 2 sussex chickens 2-4 days ago From his friend who lives at a chicken farm. They where a bit shy to come out of their little coop. so we let them get used to their forever-loving home.The second day after we had got them, I went out to buy some dried mealworms from the pet store. We came back seeing they where out of their coop so I had the packet of mealworms in my hands. I put some outside the coop, They where a bit confused what to do with them so, one of them Ate one mealworm and soon so started to eat the whole bunch! We repeated this after a few days so she could get used to me. But Recently I've wondered what to name my cute little bunch. I would like some suggestions in the comments below, Thanks for reading this~

People seem to pick names that go with the chicks' personality. Or they name them after movie or tv characters. Really anything you'd like. If you don't know what gender they are - no problem, plenty of folks pick out nice girl names- only to keep the name when they discover the girl is a boy. My friend ended up with a rooster named Tiffany. She tried to give him a boys name but, he was so used to responding to Tiffany - he kept the name.

Back
Top Bottom