My newest babies

BethMillican

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
I recently bought several peeps to increase my flock. There are three that have me worried.
11 of the peeps I bought were in the same section, in the same trough ( spelling) at the farm supply, they were labbled pullets.
Three of them are so very different then the rest of the "children" they are white, and each weigh over 5 lbs and are three times bigger then the rest. Their legs are very short, and they are about the size of three mens thumbs around.
they can hardly walk, and they are so scared of everything. They are only 2 months old.
My boyfriend thinks they are meat birds and wants to put them down ( I raise egg layers and sell the eggs) but I refuse to put down my lil ones.. A friend of mine who raises meat birds looked at them and said they dont look like any meat bird she has ever seen.. I am worried, what kind of chicken could they be, and what quality of life can i expect for them.
I know most people dont have a problem killing, but these chicken are more than a way to make a little money they are my pets..

Oh and they smelled horrible for over two weeks but if I give them baths they smell ok for a couple of days.. until they tinkle on each other again.

A picture would be helpful

But in the mean time
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom