??? my OEG roos

That makes ME feel better.....but you know, I should know that.  LOL we own two "bully breed" dogs, not Pitts, but one Pit mix, and one American Bulldog, and they are NOT agressive toward people other dogs, etc.   Of course we've never tried to MAKE them that way, nor do we with the birds.

Right now in my pen of mixed sex OEG's with one Andalusian I have no squabbling, and in fact my Andi Roo, and one OEG roo are best pals...LOL

~Bridget
That makes ME feel better.....but you know, I should know that.  LOL we own two "bully breed" dogs, not Pitts, but one Pit mix, and one American Bulldog, and they are NOT agressive toward people other dogs, etc.   Of course we've never tried to MAKE them that way, nor do we with the birds.

Right now in my pen of mixed sex OEG's with one Andalusian I have no squabbling, and in fact my Andi Roo, and one OEG roo are best pals...LOL

~Bridget

Also true pitbulls were bred to fight bulls at first then they were bred to fight dogs and becouse of that reason hurting humans is not in their DNA . Most of the time the media blame pitbulls just becouse they can't tell the diffrence between a short stocky big headed pitbull and a big bodied boxer face dog that attacks people becouse he's most likely a hibrid not a pitbull . Basicly its just a steriotipe . I've had pitbulls all my life was never able to train them to attack people then my wife got a chiwawa and I was able to train him to attack LOL . True pitbulls are nice great with kids and play real ruff with other dogs

DeadGame is right in both the above points. The aggressiveness is just part of the breed. I have not seen Standard Old English cocks (or cockerels for that matter) be able to get along. I know many many lines of OEG Bantams that have the aggressiveness bred out of them to the point where males can coexist, probably due to them being a creation of the showing crowd (OEG historians wanna correct me if need be?).

As far as the dogs 9there are no bad dogs, only bad owners), interesting bit of trivia, the only dog breed bred specifically to bite humans was the Doberman Pinscher, it was created by tax collectors, and used to grab and hold down people who would try to flee the collector. Lot's of misconceptions in the dog world (German Shepards were not designed as a protection breed, neither were Rottweilers) as well as the chicken world (Game Fowl, EE's etc.).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom