My pet pigeon flew away!

We had this happen to us, our pigeon took 2 days to come back. It was his first time out and his mates first time on the eggs. He is a roller and he was so tired from flying so much. But he came back. We heard about a guy whose bird didnt come back for 3 months. So there is hope.
But what you should start doing is whistle train your birds. Make a certain whistle sound when feeding, giving water and when calling them over. We drove around making the whistle sound for food and thats how he came back to the loft.

We had this happen to us, our pigeon took 2 days to come back. It was his first time out and his mates first time on the eggs. He is a roller and he was so tired from flying so much. But he came back. We heard about a guy whose bird didnt come back for 3 months. So there is hope.
But what you should start doing is whistle train your birds. Make a certain whistle sound when feeding, giving water and when calling them over. We drove around making the whistle sound for food and thats how he came back to the loft.
I have trained arch angels and fan tails but I never trained Usain.. I need to find him as fast as possible because this egg is my life! THis post gives me hope

The thing is, Usain and Penelope are first time parents. I’m worried to death
I feel your pain. My hen pigeon Grace flew off with my neighbours boy pigeon Jack. Never saw her or him again. Because the egg matters so much, you should try your best to keep it going. Find someone with an incubator, repair your own. How far along in incubation is it? How long has Penelope not been sitting for? As @biophiliac said, a thermometer in a box with a light bulb, might do the trick

why would he go to the old loft and leave the baby?
Homer's have been bred for generations for that one dominate characteristic to fly back home. When he got out of the loft he was still programed to fly back to it's point of origin that trait is still the most driving force even above it's mate. He will try to find it way back first. Then if it does not fly to far afield it will try to return to it's mate and usually that takes about 3+- days.

Back
Top Bottom