my poor babies

The bootie really does work. I used very thin cardboard and athletic tape. My little guy pulled it off, but I redid it and after 3 days his foot was fine. All three toes were curled and pretty badly. The end result is that at 5 weeks old you would never know that anythin was ever wrong. For what its worth this was done in the first few days.

How are the babies doing? I bet they are cute with their little cardboard booties on! I hope they are doing well!!
fl.gif

Margaret is doing well I think her feet will be ok.Cindy had one bad foot and then that leg became stradled And it actually looks like it could have gotten broke.Margaret was beating up on her and would knock her down and was stepping on her bad leg.I went to work not realizing how aggressive she had become and when I got home Cindy was laying in heap panting and her leg sticking straight out.So I seperated them ever since and Cindy is at least eating well sleeping well and drinking.She is learning to manage somewhat to stand and take a few steps.The foot looks like it will be disfigured and the leg but she seems to be in less pain.Both are eating,drinking and chirping.They are both very tame. I hand feed them so they both look for me.They are the cutest little babies.And Margaret is so naughty.They have become quite the little duo at my house.Even my husband has grown to like them,and my 17yr.old son says "Mom I just love these chickens."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom