my rooster has bumblefoot, i wanna know if it's infected one or non infection bumblefoot, if it's non infection what happends if dont treat it?

Well, thank you very much for the help, you been a really big help and gave me the answer I was looking forward too, last question, if bumblefoot comes out or pop up, will I need to put medicines and bandage his foot daily?

it might be raw for a few days but if the diseased tissue comes off it will only help the chicken heal faster. best you can do is try to keep it clean if that happens.

Well, thank you very much for the help, you been a really big help and gave me the answer I was looking forward too, last question, if bumblefoot comes out or pop up, will I need to put medicines and bandage his foot daily?
If you are lucky enough to have the kernel pop out while or because of his nightly bathing, be sure to give the opening a firm (yet gentle) squeeze, applying pressure from beneath the wound and directing that pressure towards the opening, to ensure that there is no additional pus in the wound. Once this is accomplished, if it is not bleeding then I see no reason to bandage or apply medications. If it is bleeding, then rinse with water to ensure that it is clean, apply pressure with your thumb to cause the bleeding to stop or stop-bleed (a product often found in men's departments at the drug store (pharmacy) in the shaving department). You may choose to apply a bandage, but I usually do not wrap a wound unless it continues to bleed because chickens tend to heal quicker with open air. To bandage or not is your call.

Basically, you just pick at the scabs a bit after each foot bath. Keep doing it and they will come off. Unlikely to bleed much at all, maybe even not at all. Don't fret about about drop of blood. What others have said too: warm foot soaks, scab picking, rub oil in. His feet will be fine in a matter of weeks. No vet needed or money spent.

Since you've already got the ointments, you can use them if you get the scab off and it looks like a wound. If it looks like healed skin under the scab, then no need.

i think so too, his 2.5 years old and home grown, i give him dirt here and there to play but he sleeps and walks in a plain floor, still tho, can i get more story on like how you know that? have you cut ur rooster bumblefoot and nothing came out? i just don't want something bad to happend to him in the near future, although his 2.5 years old and i just got noticed of it now and so far the bumblefoot hasn't do anything to him, hes pretty active and walk fine, just his left leg a bit titled but he honestly seems healthy but still i am worried.
No I never cut or tear it mine also roam in indoor environment it's common for indoor chickens to have these .
These are only a result of walking in hard flooring instead of grass.
The best way to remove is to soak this in lukewarm water with Epsom salt for 20-25 minutes once it's nicely soaked you can pull it with twizer. There must be slightly bleeding or not if it bleeds put some pressure with cotton and let it stop then apply Betadine or boroline .
Then wrap it.
Mine always walk in wrapped foots because it work like sleepers & protect their footpads.
I use Boroline ointment on the post removal scab and Bandaging in every 24h .
In suppliments start giving Proovi Boost Drops ( 2 Drops Daily) once a day
It gives good health in indoor chickens

If you are lucky enough to have the kernel pop out while or because of his nightly bathing, be sure to give the opening a firm (yet gentle) squeeze, applying pressure from beneath the wound and directing that pressure towards the opening, to ensure that there is no additional pus in the wound. Once this is accomplished, if it is not bleeding then I see no reason to bandage or apply medications. If it is bleeding, then rinse with water to ensure that it is clean, apply pressure with your thumb to cause the bleeding to stop or stop-bleed (a product often found in men's departments at the drug store (pharmacy) in the shaving department). You may choose to apply a bandage, but I usually do not wrap a wound unless it continues to bleed because chickens tend to heal quicker with open air. To bandage or not is your call.
Well I don't have olive oil but my mother bought a small oil bottle couple months ago, it have a cover and which says coconut oil, I don't know if it's a fake or real coconut oil but my mother massaged him with it, I also managed to convince my mother to do that for him and make her believe mites are living in there.

Well I don't have olive oil but my mother bought a small oil bottle couple months ago, it have a cover and which says coconut oil, I don't know if it's a fake or real coconut oil but my mother massaged him with it, I also managed to convince my mother to do that for him and make her believe mites are living in there.

any cooking oil should work.

yes, any cheap cooking oil is fine, also vaseline. I put a couple of drops of tea tree oil in as that also repels insects but you don't have to.

yes, any cheap cooking oil is fine, also vaseline. I put a couple of drops of tea tree oil in as that also repels insects but you don't have to.
any cooking oil should work.
Coconut oil is an excellent substitute for sunflower oil or olive oil. In my country, Panama, coconut oil is too expensive to use for this purpose, which is why I did not suggest it.
Hi it's been 10 days since I last posted, I wanna know do the oil needs to go underneath the scale or I should just massage it from the top?? I have been massaging his scales from top but so far no difference, how will oil makes mites go away? Does it makes it hotter for them to they have to leave the scales?? Or something similar?? If so, then the oil going underneath would be better right?

The oil penetrates the scale through the natural cracks and crevices, occupying the space that the mites are living in under the surface of your bird's skin. This forces the mites to vacate the premises or suffocate. Win-win for your flock. Either the mites die, or they go bye-bye.

Back
Top Bottom