My Rooster is a PSYCHO!!! Help!!

If my roo ever went after either of my kids it would be the last thing he'd ever do. Luckily our guy Mr. Moe is an absolute sweetie.

There are too many nice roos out there to put up with a cranky one.

-Cindy in MA

Grad him by the legs and swing him around everymorning...lol

JOKING PEOPLE!

Tough love baby. Put on some gloves and firmly hold him, tuck him under your arm and walk around doing normal outside things. Wrap him in a towel if necessary. Show him you are alpha in the flock..

Some suggestions for you

buy Men in Black mind eraser on ebay

Fly a kite attached to a metal collar on his neck, preferrably in a lightning storm

Duct tape him to the mower handles while youo trim the lawn

Take him through the KFC drive-thru and order a 10 piece meal deal....he will get the message

Couples therapy?

Or find a jedi to convince him he is a hen. It's not painful, the jedi justs waves a hand before its face and says "Young Roo, you are not the man you thought you were".

Done

Last edited:
I've been having problems with my two young roos attacking my mother and me. I've spent about a week stomping at them and being aggressive toward them. It seems to have worked. They have never gone after my DH or my 6 year old son. I think it may be because my son is always running around in the yard and picks up the friendly hens. He walks after the chickens like he is in charge. At 6 I think I could get him to get them to back off like did if they ever go after him but they wouldn't get many chances before I got rid of them. I've been scratched and it HURTS! Good luck!

I have a 19 week old Buff Orph Roo. He free ranges with 5 hens. They have been hand raised,they are very tame and friendly. The last two weeks the Rooster has become SUPER aggressive. Last week he jumped up at a 6yr old and 8 yr old and scratched them on the leg. This morning we were heading out to the swing set and the chickens were about 200' away. The Rooster came charging over and attacked my 2 yr old !!! He jumped at her and she fell backworks and he was trying to jump on her again. I ran over and kicked him about 5 feet and he decided to back off! Is this normal?? He has been crowing like a mad man ALL DAY and I noticed him running after the hens trying to have his way with them..... Is it just his sex drive kicking in so he is territorial? If he keeps this up he is going to get his head chopped off!!! I cant have him attacking children. He wont do it to adults or to my 5 yr old....she will kick him....not afraid of him.

What should I do???
Get rid of him NOW

Agreed. Your daughter's safety comes before the roo's. I'd rehome or get rid of him in some way before he gets to pass his genes along. Get yourself a nice roo, they can be fun. My cockerel is quite a character, and I enjoy having him around.

Back
Top Bottom