my rooster is acting weird (after getting attacked)

ItsKaiks

Hatching
Jan 14, 2023
my chickens got attacked with 29 casualties and one of my roosters got hurt. the rooster has an injury on the back of his neck, his comb/waddle are pale, he’s not eating or drinking, and when he breaths, he breaths in through his nose and out through his mouth.

i have him in a dog kennel. he doesn’t crow anymore and i’m worried. his comb isn’t that grey/white i have diatomaceous earth on his comb to help with the lice, but his comb was still pale before the diatomaceous earth.

what should i do?
89CDD4B6-BF0B-4470-B9B6-81FD842705B2.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 14
Sorry for your loss. What type of predator killed 29 chickens? Is he the only one left? How long ago? He may be in shock, so I would get him drinking some electrolytes or water with sugar (1 tsp per cupful.) Check him all over for cuts or puncture wounds. Chlorhexidene or Hibiclens with water are good for disinfecting wounds. Plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic ointment are good after cleaning. Is his crop injured? Has he shown interest in eating or drinking?

Can you feel his chest for any air under the skin from the injury?

Sorry for your loss. What type of predator killed 29 chickens? Is he the only one left? How long ago? He may be in shock, so I would get him drinking some electrolytes or water with sugar (1 tsp per cupful.) Check him all over for cuts or puncture wounds. Chlorhexidene or Hibiclens with water are good for disinfecting wounds. Plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic ointment are good after cleaning. Is his crop injured? Has he shown interest in eating or drinking?

Can you feel his chest for any air under the skin from the injury?
a martin killed the chickens, he is not the only one left, it was 3 days ago, he has a impacted/sour crop that we are dealing with

Back
Top Bottom