My rooster is mating with...well...my rooster.

two wrongs dont make a right
lol.png

I too had the same problem, because the characteristics of the same bird were so differant, so I figured I had 2 roos and 3 hens....but all are hens and I am very happy!

Our leghorn is a complete spaz, too. She is always running around freaking out. Her name is Lucky because she was nuts as a chick too. She was the last chick to figure out the food and water so we said she would be "lucky" if she lived. But she has lived and is a great layer. I think she is my roo's favorite. She is always snuggled up with him on the roost. But in the daytime - Crazy Chicken!!

LOL.....yeah, I had heard that about Leghorns. It appears she didn't get the memo, however. She is an absolute doll. Loves to be held and almost always goes to sleep with me carrying her around. If she doesn't go to sleep she just stares up into my face while I talk to her. She actually makes me pick her up. Of all my chickens she is my sweetest (and therefore my favorite).
smile.png

LOL......SHE looks so much like the EE roo I had to give away (he was just nasty mean to all the other chickens)!!!! Too funny!!! She even appears to have that cocky attitude he had!!! Hey, as long as she knows, that is all that matters I suppose!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom