My rooster killed a hawk ***Pics***

Tomorrow, I want an update with the kind of hawk and what they said.
pop.gif

YAY SMOKE!
big_smile.png

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I hope my roo fairs as well with our resident hawk. What you doing with the hawk? My friend asked me for any hawks our roo might kill.Guess she wants to stuff it or get the feathers.

Healings and yummy snacks for Smoke!!!!

Good roo.
I like hawks and all native wildlife, they need to eat too. It's the neighbors dang dogs that steam me.
Protecting flocks from predator wildlife requires good pens or good roos or both.

I lost a small buttercup roo to a hawk once. I also had a hawk pick up a POL GLW pullet during a dog attack on a flock and drop it at the neighbors uninjured.

More recently, I have Penedesenca roos with 3 different flocks. When the hawks approach, the roos give the signal, the hens run for cover and the roos stand like statues facing the hawks. They usually just swoop and leave. A couple weeks ago, one came into the pen and the rooster kicked it's butt. It got away and hasn't been back.

I lost a beautiful young roo to a hawk just a few weeks ago. He challenged the hawk while the hens & pullets ran for cover. I'm so glad you had a better outcome.

Way to go Smoke! We lost a couple of chickens to a hawk. I believe our roosters hid. Haven't had a problem since the geese are full grown and have a pot- bellied pig. Good to know there are truly great roosters out there. Have a friend having a problem with a hawk taking her ducks and guineas and asked us for advice. Maybe we can borrow Smoke
smile.png

Turned the hawk in to a friend of mine who is a FWO, said it was a Red Tailed hawk, adult and was the biggest he has seen. He did have to take the hawk since it is unlwaful to possess a bird of prey and he may have to send it to the state for them to look at. Checked on Smoke this am, and he is no longer limping, but he is sure walken' tall this am. By the way I hate peaople who cannot control their dogs, not the dogs them self. Well, heading to work and I will check in later this evening. Thank you for the comments and I will let Smoke know everyone is proud of him.

Back
Top Bottom