My Rooster laid an egg!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I am 100% sure shim is locked up alone in a dog crate. Healing and growing back feathers. He has to remain in doors due to the cold. Its get down to 10 degrees. FView attachment 2444346
Let’s dissect “him” or “her” and see if we have ovaries or tested.
You do realize the simplest and most likely answer is it’s a hen that happens to look somewhat like a rooster. Any idea what breed it is or how many breeds it is.
Its a sultan rooster

Well ill definitely keep an eye on him or her or what ever it is. I had to swear on mine and my 2 yo kid life to my wife cuz she thot i was messing with her. I have no explanation other than last night he was in the crate alone and in the am at 6 am egg was there with him. F%$@ing egg fairy came i guess iono. 🤷

Well ill definitely keep an eye on him or her or what ever it is. I had to swear on mine and my 2 yo kid life to my wife cuz she thot i was messing with her. I have no explanation other than last night he was in the crate alone and in the am at 6 am egg was there with him. F%$@ing egg fairy came i guess iono. 🤷
But we have yet to see pics of said egg...

Anyone who posts here claiming roosters can lay eggs is a troll.
Lookee here, this Sultan rooster is totally capable of laying an egg with no organs to do so.

The experts know the anatomy of a dam chicken. And I don’t see any shell glands or ovaries in between those testicles.
Great pic of a “typical” reproductive system. There are going to be a lot of anomalies in a huge population. Fact. So yeah I agree a typical rooster can not lay eggs. I don’t think this ones typical, or a “rooster” it’s probably a hen that became a rooster, when it was injured it probably shut down the male reproductive system to heal it and it’s female system reactivated. Similar to when hens transition to roosters(or dominant crowing hens). Or it’s a chimaera of a female and male embryos merging in a double yolk( which would be more likely to hatch in a hatchery who’s methods are perfected)

20201210_110756.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom