smile.png
Our little trick
lol.png

Quote:
That would be go, but there's just one problem with that, I'm in England
sad.png
lol.png

Quote:
Hmm, Lily looks like she could be. She does have faint stripes on her face so it's possible that when she moults she could look like that...
hu.gif

Am I right in saying that Phoebe is a blue? I always said she was the little mystery of the group lol. At the moment she has mostly grey/silver feathers with some white splotches on her chest, one mostly black wing and various other black feathers dotted all over her, and an orange patch on one side of her face
smile.png
Whatever she is she's very pretty, I always think she's quite elegant-looking
smile.png

Hmmm, if Lily has faint eye-stripes, she's not Dusky-based like my Pebbles & Bam Bam (and their unnamed siblings) after all.
hmm.png

Doug the Chicken Man's right, Saxony looks pretty close, or Blue Trout...here's another good website with a picture of a Blue Trout duck, she looks really similar to yours: http://www.ashtonwaterfowl.net/indian_pics.htm

I
don't know about Phoebe, but she's so neat looking! I just love the black splotch on her wing!
smile.png

Ah, well she does has faint stripes so maybe she is Saxony/Blue Trout. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what she turns out like in adult plumage, she might change a lot!

Yeah I love the little black splodge, makes her very unique. I also think the orange patch on the side of her face is really interesting
smile.png

Why thank you
big_smile.png
There's a farm pretty near me (one that people go to for a day out, not a proper working farm) which has a farm shop/pet shop where they sell ducks, chickens, cage birds, quail, rabbits etc. Got them all from there
big_smile.png
It's also where we get all the straw and food and things like that so it's pretty handy
smile.png

Thank you for posting a video of them! I always see them in pictures standing so upright, I had been wondering if they walked this way as well. Turns out that they do! Or at least yours do! They are really pretty birds, I hope the two from my friend's mixed pen that I pegged as runner mixes actually ARE.

Adam- Pretty ducks! You really might be better to talk to someone that breeds Runners in the UK as I am not sure what colors are commonly available there. If you can find out what colors the breeder has, that would definitely help too. To be honest, they appear to be mixed color pattern. I raise a lot of Blue Trout and Saxony (two colors I have raised several of this year to increase my flock). They look a lot different than yours. The eye-stripes are much more clearly defined and that seems consistent with pictures of the same colors I have seen in the UK.

The fact that some of yours have eye-stripes that are partially visible and some don't would indicate to me they may be mixed wild-type and dusky. Again though, this is where talking to someone from the UK or the original breeder would be of great help because the colors we have readily available are different between here and there. They could be anything dusky based, like Apricot Dusky, US Fawn, Buff, Cinnamon, etc... crossed on Saxony, Blue Trout, etc... Out of curiosity, what is the under wing color? They may even have been crossed from an extended black based color, for example Blue or Silver. There are probably numerous things that could give a similar appearance. They are certainly cute!
smile.png

Editing to add-

Okay, I went back and looked at all of your pictures more closely.

Lily appears to be what we call a Fawn in the US, just a little lighter than normal. Your Fawn there though does not have blue dilution, so I’m not sure if anyone there is breeding this color or if it is known by a different name. Without a doubt though, she appears to be dusky based and almost certainly with double blue dilution.

Phoebe is definitely a mixed extended black-based color. She is probably Blue crossed on something else, not sure what.

Nugget and Honey are as described in my initial post. They are likely mixed dusky and wild type, for example maybe a Cinnamon or Fawn crossed on a Saxony or Blue Trout. I am not sure what gave them the rich golden color, but would suspect probably the brown or buff dilution they could have gotten from, for example, the Cinnamon or Fawn parent (or Buff for buff dilution). Very pretty!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom