My Runners (Lots of Pics & Video)

Quote:
Yep, they do walk how they stand! Especially when they're younger, they totter around like they're wearing high heels!
lol.png
It's very cute. Nugget's definitely the sturdiest on her feet because she's the shortest and has shorter legs. Phoebe and Lily are reeeally tall and have such long legs so they're a bit more careful, and then Honey is in the middle
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you
big_smile.png
You should! They're lovely, so entertaining
lol.png
Earlier today Nugget decided to go on the trampette!
gig.gif
Got a photo
tongue.png

SP_A4738.jpg

Wow CityChicker, thanks for all of that analysis!
ep.gif
It's a bit technical for me but I'm hoping to get to grips with the genetics side of it so that I can experiment in the future
smile.png
Unfortunately we don't know the breeder as the girls weren't bred on the farm we got them from, but those colours that you suggested sound interesting.

You're right about eye stripes, Honey and Nugget have definite stripes, Phoebe has none and Lily has faint ones - looking back at old photos, her stripes were actually more noticable when she was fluffy. What exactly does dusky mean?

Hmm, will have to keep an eye out for underwing colour, I think Honey, Lily and Nugget all have white but can't be sure. No idea about Phoebe's
lol.png

Nugget's really getting going on her moult now, still looking adorable but a bit scruffy
tongue.png
Will try and update this to show how she changes
smile.png

Quote:
They are indeed
lol.png

I checked earlier, Honey, Lily and Nugget all have white under-wing feathers and Phoebe has the same grey/silver colour as most of the rest of her feathers
smile.png

Right, it's been a while since I last posted on this thread so here's an update
smile.png

All the girls are now fully into their moult, Nugget has almost finished I think so I'll try and get some new pictures of them today. They have pretty much stayed the same colours as before with some slight differences.

Also, we have a little guest staying with us for a few weeks
big_smile.png
We're duck-sitting my friend's little runner duckling while she's on holiday and she's so cute. She's very tame but we've been letting her get to know the girls as she'll be outside with my friend's other ducks when she gets back
smile.png
They were a bit mean to her at first and chase/nip her a bit, but the past day or two they have been a bit better with her so that's a good sign.

Finally, some major news - we introduced the girls to the boys yesterday evening! Up to then they had only seen each other through the glass but yesterday we decided to go for it and let them both out in the garden together. I was scared that the boys would hurt the girls or try and force the girls to do the deed (they're very excitable at the moment
lol.png
) but apart from a few seconds of the boys chasing the girls it went really well
big_smile.png
They pretty much just stayed out of each others way which was good for the first time. We're hoping to move the girls out of our house and down to where the boys live soon so from now on we'll be taking them out together a bit more often to get them more used to each other
smile.png
I'll try and get some pitures/videos of the two groups out together today if we do it again
smile.png

Thank you AdamD77,

For your updates and pictures.
I love the duck on the trampette.
Cant wait for the pics or video if you get some of them together today.
Glad everything went well.

Beth

Be glad I won't fly over water or Toby just might go missing.

He is just the CUTEST thing... well, then I scrolled down... and thought some guys have all the luck.

Congrats on the gorgeous duckies... even if I am turning green....

i've always thought the runner shape was comical and even a little surreal. like bowling pins with legs! and the long, downward pointing bill is interesting. definitely different!

Back
Top Bottom