my screwed chicken

Thanks for taking the time (and expense) to post this very interesting Xray. It certainly was educational. The last time we processed chickens we found empty .22 casings in some of the gizzards. Chickens will eat ANYTHING!
wink.png

Yikes! I'm going to go search for screws in my yard tomorrow morning. Scary! I wouldn't have thought they would eat such a thing! Thanks for sharing this! Kudos to your vet and what a wonderful chicken mommy you are! She would have been culled prob for sure if you hadn't been her owner. Lucky bird
big_smile.png

You must have an amazing vet! Our local vet around here will not even see chickens! So us chicken people do the best we can on our own! Give that vet a pat on the back for all of us down here, and that is one amazing story! Glad the hen is doing ok, and maybe she learned screws aren't dinner!

It cost $400 but they enrolled me in a Care Credit card with the option of paying it off in 12 months. The only thing he really charged for was the labor, all of the antibiotics, aftercare, x-rays and supplies were free. He also called me at home 2 days later to check in.

What a great vet you have! I'm happy your chicken is OK. Thanks for sharing as I had no idea they'd eat stuff like that.

Holy cow! What baffles me is how that got through her gizzard, or how the nail got through RR's girl. I know they like to eat jewelry (my poor earring is long gone) and strings, but I had no idea they'd eat hardware. I'm pretty good about cleaning up that kind of stuff, but now I'm paranoid that I'll miss something.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom