My Silkie chicks finally hatched! *pics*lots of *pics*!

CHIC

Songster
10 Years
Aug 18, 2009
Roanoke
I don't have an incubator and I wanted to see what it would be like to have some chicks hatch. My mother in law gave me a pair of Silkies so I let them get to work at it. The hen was a very faithful broody and I even got worried about her never coming out of there! I didn't know how it would end up, but the waiting has paid off! She hatched 7 out of the 8 eggs she was sitting on!- Better percentage than a lot of incubator hatches. Anyways, here they are!
39397_chicks_055.jpg

39397_chicks_039.jpg

This one has the best hat of the bunch..
39397_chicks_038.jpg

39397_chicks_054.jpg

This is Layla, my 4 year old, she is my animal lover
39397_chicks_041.jpg

This is Lilly, my 3 year old, she is my wild child- people always think they are twins.
39397_chicks_043.jpg

Thanks.... I am so proud of my little girls. They are the reason I got into chickens. They adore them!!! They are so sweet with them.

frow.gif
Congratulations on such beautiful little silkie chicks! You are right, a good mama Silkie hen can do a much better job at hatching and brooding out the little ones than we could ever hope to do with an incubator!
wink.png

Thanks everyone~ These are my first day old bantams and I still can't believe how small they are and they are almost a week! I love them, they are so cute. I tell you one thing, momma doesn't want me messing with them, she is very protective- she will actually bite me, not hard, just enough to let me know she's not playing. Such a good mommy.

Back
Top Bottom