My son was right! Scary!!

pop.gif

Wow, I just love all these stories.
big_smile.png

My guess is, since he hesitated, that your son said "no" because he was a bit worried you wouldn't believe him, as most kids would be when asked about paranormal things. Even at young ages, kids realize that it's not "normal" to see and hear ghosts, unless they've specifically been taught otherwise.

If he's in the closet and sounds like he's talking to a friend, I wouldn't worry about anything. Only if he doesn't want to sleep in the room would I be concerned. (And I agree that I wouldn't make him sleep there if he's scared to. But you didn't say that, so you know what I mean.)

Lots of good suggestions in here. Another is for you to talk to the closet. Yes, out loud. Tell the "person" there that you don't mind him/her being there, but that the opening of the closet door has to stop because it's scaring you and your son. A lot of ghosts/spirits don't realize that they're being scary and will stop the behavior when you ask. You might have to repeat the asking if it starts up again.

If you notice a pattern of the door being opened only at night, maybe putting in a battery-powered nightlight might help, too. It's possible that the culprit is a child that's scared of the dark. I'd do this after asking for the behavior to stop; and if it doesn't, I'd tell the child that I'm putting the light in there and will turn it on at night so that he/she isn't scared, so that the door can remain closed.

Please, continue with updates, and everyone post more stories.
pop.gif

Hurry up Hannah Montanna

lau.gif

What is kind of scary about that room, the door by where the knob was looks kicked in.
The hallway that leads to it had what look like blood splatter (now painted over). They guy who helped us paint that area even kind of nervously laughed about it.
Took the knob out caues DS kept locking the door a couple years back
PHTO0886.jpg

Carpet
PHTO0887.jpg

Quote:
wow that is weird but honestly when I read this the first reaction I had as why did you not scoop up your ds and take him out of the room too? If it frightened you I just dont see why you left him there. I realize he was safe and that is was a feeling but.... Maybe he could co-sleep with you guys until you figure it out?

Quote:
wow that is weird but honestly when I read this the first reaction I had as why did you not scoop up your ds and take him out of the room too? If it frightened you I just dont see why you left him there. I realize he was safe and that is was a feeling but.... Maybe he could co-sleep with you guys until you figure it out?

i'm thinking the bogey man left the closet and was now hiding under his bed... as soon as she got close he would have sliced open her feet causing her to fall, only to be pulled under the bed and devoured entirely...

Quote:

He was already in our bed from watching a movie. Everyone was a sleep but I and I went in there to get scooby doo out of the DVD player.

Back
Top Bottom