My "Splash Pyle Yokohamas"... My new creation... What do you think?

The red & blue bird looks like it has Mahogany.

Sometimes splash can look white with very little in the way of blue or black feathering.

For instance, in this old pic the pullet on the left was dominant white, the pullet on the right was splash (& mahogany).

14136_buff_laced_wyandottes_left_dominant_white_right_splash.jpg

Sorry about the odd pic I messed it up, but you get the idea.

How did you figure out the differences in their genotypes?

Their genotype was never in question.
wink.png

The young pullet on the left was from some dominant white buff laced wyandottes I was making from some of Clem Shaw's excellent utility white wyandottes (which were both recessive & dominant white) & some or Rob Boyd's exhibition gold laced wyandottes.

The little pullet on the right came from a pen of German blue laced red Wyandottes.​

Both parents are not top quality. The father is not a good quality pyle; here he is:
IMGP1685.jpg

I have two "splash pyle Yokohama" (as I suppose we can call them) roosters, and one hen.
IMGP1671.jpg

IMGP1654.jpg

IMGP1675.jpg

So before I can start selling hatching eggs, I must breed them for a while... okay, I'm completely new to breeding, I just got these by putting a few eggs in the bator. I have to separate a rooster and hen in a pen. If the hen was fertilized by other roosters, how long can I keep them separated for the eggs to be fertilized by only this rooster? Okay, so I just gather the eggs, put them in the bator, and hatch out some chicks. Then I raise the chicks, pick out the best-looking ones, and repeat the process with those? And what do I do with the extras?

Thanks, I know nothing about breeding
tongue.png
. And I really can't understand if you talk about genetics
hmm.png

Quote:
That may be true but the fact remains that they are very pretty and unique. If they were bred for Yokohama traits for several generations (not forgetting to select for the pattern, of course), you would have Yokohamas. Yes, I know their genetics will not be pristine but it will be close. Many breeds started as mutts.
All chickens are beautiful.

Chickencharmer, your birds are very pretty, but none are properly pyle, nor apparently splash. As you are "completely new to breeding" they could make a fun project, but, as they are, it would be misleading to sell them to others as "Pyle" or splash or any particular colour of any particular breed......perhaps in a few years......
wink.png

Ohhhhhh, you cheated.

I hate chickens. Their color genetics are so confusing!

Now you see why I hate birds not being the genotype they're supposed to be. They completely mess up the plan.
tongue.png

Quote:
Now you see why I hate birds not being the genotype they're supposed to be. They completely mess up the plan.
tongue.png

Shhhhh!!!!

Plan?? There's a plan??? Oh! The Plan!

Back
Top Bottom