My Thanksgiving story and why I need to talk to Santa

Would you give a spoiled kid for Xmas coal?

• Yes and he deserves nothing

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No I need him to love me

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
I dont get to spend much time with the boy other than family gatherings. His parents just drop him in front of the TV or the Xbox. My own father has complained to my brother that the child is becoming greatly disrespectful. I think the one on one time needs to come from his parents. I have also considered the option of making a charitable donation in his name to needy children rather than coal

For real he really needs the one on one time....ESPECIALLY if he is not getting it from his parents.

MAKING the time to spend with him will count with him too. The fact that you cared enough to do it will have long term impact.

I think children need to earn respect.:idunno What have they done with their lives that makes them so important? Dont get me wrong, I love my nephews and niece. I just think it's important to that kids know that there is value in wisdom. I was never spoiled as a child and lived off of mostly hand-me-downs and I never complained. Sure, I had my moments of brattiness but I would never have been rude like that to an elder.
How can a child learn respect if they don't feel respected? As for wisdom, I have learned quite a lot from listening to children. They bring a type of wisdom that is formed through a clarity of vision, uncluttered by "grown-up" bias.

How can a child learn respect if they don't feel respected? As for wisdom, I have learned quite a lot from listening to children. They bring a type of wisdom that is formed through a clarity of vision, uncluttered by "grown-up" bias.

Exactly! Said it way better than I could have. Clearly this child isn’t being respected either or at least not getting enough attention if they really just stick him in front of a screen and ignore him like was stated. Often times when kids act out it’s for attention and I always prefer to dig deeper and look for the real problem rather than just discipline but that’s just me. Yes he should be respectful but what the kid really needs is love, structure, guidance. Maybe just the last two. I’d be willing to bet they just love him but never really give him any structure.

"From the mouths of babes" I agree with you. Their youngest child is still uncorrupted. I think they have given up on this one. I asked the littlest one what he wanted and he said "I make my list with mommy and I dont want to ask" he's so sweet. He told my brother "daddy you dont need to worry about money. Imma be a youtube star and pay for everything" freakin adorable

A couple of years ago my sister in law decided that her kids hadn't been behaving and cancelled ALL presents. Not just from santa but from the rest of the family. It was awful. Her kids aren't that bad, just regular kids. My sister in law is a horrid person and what she did was totally uncalled for. We always make the threats but I'd never consider actually going through with it. I think that a good present for your nephew would be some books or stationary. Something that will help at school.

Ok after reading through the posts, one other thing pops into my head. It is expensive those old fashioned internet free summer camps that we all got sent off to for a week in the summer to give our parents a break from us in our youth. It would be nice for the parents too as they will probably get at least 1 handwritten letter out of the deal in the process from being missed.

Exactly! Said it way better than I could have. Clearly this child isn’t being respected either or at least not getting enough attention if they really just stick him in front of a screen and ignore him like was stated. Often times when kids act out it’s for attention and I always prefer to dig deeper and look for the real problem rather than just discipline but that’s just me. Yes he should be respectful but what the kid really needs is love, structure, guidance. Maybe just the last two. I’d be willing to bet they just love him but never really give him any structure.
I totally agree with you on this. I have heard my sister in law say "I'm raising an ***hole". To which I want to say "well...dont. Do something about it" :barnie but its not my place. I have no children of my own and I know giving advice would just make her angry.

A couple of years ago my sister in law decided that her kids hadn't been behaving and cancelled ALL presents. Not just from santa but from the rest of the family. It was awful. Her kids aren't that bad, just regular kids. My sister in law is a horrid person and what she did was totally uncalled for. We always make the threats but I'd never consider actually going through with it. I think that a good present for your nephew would be some books or stationary. Something that will help at school.
I've just bought him clothes before. Something to help his parents out. Not even a thank you. He tossed it to the side to open the toys

Also to be clear, he would still get the gift he wants. He'd just get the coal first.

Back
Top Bottom